Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Why This Format? Part 2: Why write things down?

WHY THIS FORMAT OF BIBLE STUDY?
Why write things down? You may grumble under your breath or you may rather find the idea intriguing. 

A The main reason is we tend to forget. It's to help us remember.

Let me make the point. Name 5 of the things God told you from March to April in 1999. Or, if you were not a Christian at that time, list 5 of your biggest blessings at that time or 5 of your strongest memories. 

If I didn't journal, I would never be able to answer that question. However, I can. I am not saying this to brag. No. I am the chief of sinners. I have nothing to brag about. Nevertheless, I say that because I want to tell you that I can track my journey with God. I can tell you where I continually slip-up, the monuments/mile-markers of my journey, and so on. This is the most valuable thing I have in my effort to continually grow a more loyal faith in the Lord and in his Word. And I bet you would like to say the same. 

B It's to help us implement the application of the Word into our lives. In other words, it's to help us apply the Bible to our lives on a daily basis--and to remember what we have learned and are working on in our lives. 

C It gives us a testimony to share with others. We've been there, done that.

D It helps us to review and see what's worked and what hasn't.

E It allows us to see when we grow in closeness in relationship with the Lord, or when it diminishes--no matter how slightly.

F It helps us remember what God has said to us and what we have said to God. 

G Etc.


Stacy Duplease
Bible Study Writer & Blogger
A Loyal Faith
Find my books at/store: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/hisfiction 

No comments:

Post a Comment