Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The day after Christmas: Preparing for the New Year


It's the day after Christmas and I am in the process of getting back into everything--blog, google+ communities, journaling, etc. As I mentioned in the previous blog post, I even took some time off from journaling. 

Now, you need to know something. I usually do not take any time off from journaling--unless there has been some type of emergency. But, even then, I try to journal right through it. Hence, this was rare for me. It was hard. I knew what I was missing and I felt it. However, do I need to tell you how much sweeter it is to open my journal (metaphorically--since I do online journaling)?

I realize how much I needed some time off where I didn't do much of anything. I was pretty worthless and it felt great. 

We could not make it home for the holidays this year, but will be back home to Denver in the first third of 2012. Therefore, Christmas was just me and he. It was nice. We went for a drive along the Colonial Parkway and were able to see these Christmas swans:

christmas_2012_swans_on_colonial_parkway_1.jpg

That was a real treat and what I call a hug from God. 

Then, we started a new Christmas tradition: We watched the movie, THE SOUND OF MUSIC. 

The swans and the movie made our time very memorable for me. Then again, we also watched a couple cowboy movies and that made it memorable, too.

JOURNALING EXERCISE
So, how was your time off and Christmas? What did you do that was memorable or what happened that was memorable? 

Now, it's time for us to turn our eyes to the New Year

~ Stacy Duplease

(Image Credit: Stacy Duplease)

6 comments:

  1. Most memorable sharing with my nephew and his family, eating spaghetti, playing games, enjoying our cold weather and going to church.

    -M-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most memorable sharing with my nephew and his family, eating spaghetti, playing games, enjoying our cold weather and going to church.

    -M-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing. It sounds like you had a delightful Christmas.

    I hope you have all of that now in your journal. (Wink, wink.)

    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing. It sounds like you had a delightful Christmas.

    I hope you have all of that now in your journal. (Wink, wink.)

    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I most certainly do. Those memories are very special.

    -m-

    ReplyDelete
  6. I most certainly do. Those memories are very special.

    -m-

    ReplyDelete