Friday, November 18, 2011

An example for you: My 10.5 years of wrongdoing

Last night, when I started to work on my weekly review and analyzing, God spoke to me. Well, he yelled loud enough to startle me and get my attention. I immediately had the veil lifted from my eyes so I could see how I was failing at something very important for the last ten and a half years. Literally.

I never even saw it or realized it.

But, when I prayed for the Lord to reveal to me any unconfessed sin and temptations in my life I did not know about, he revealed. 

I was instantly humbled. I was able to confess and I knew I had to repent. I took some time to decide on a plan of mind, heart, and action/behavior to repent for what I overlooked for 10.5 years. 

If I hadn't prayed before I did the review... If I hadn't done the review, I still would be carrying on making the same mistake. What I did and didn't do was not intentional. I had the best of intentions. However, it was still wrong. 

Did I (do I) kick myself? At first, I hit my forehead with my hand and said, "Duh!" It was quite obvious, after all. But, it was still overlooked. Never mind how I knew being hard on myself would not make me any less wrong--and it sure wouldn't help me to form a plan to apply the lesson to my life and make adjustments in my sails so I sail on the best course through life possible. 

God revealing this to me hurt. But, I was over it the moment I felt the sting. I knew to confess, repent, and apply. Those were the only three actions which would be beneficial. the rest would actually be stumbling blocks in my faith and in my walk with God. So, I refused to go there. It does no one any good when they do. 

Did you know if you are hard on yourself, it's still a sin of pride? Why do I say that? It's focusing on self rather than on God. That's pride, folks. (Ouch.) When I learned that a while back, it changed my life entirely. I used to be extremely prideful because I used to be hard on myself about pretty much everything. I never thought I was good enough. But, this realization it was pride put me on my knees and I refuse to return. It tries to tempt me a great deal, but I tell it 'no' and to go away. 

But, back to the 10.5 years of unintentional wrong doing. Even unintentional wrongdoing is sin. (For example: Just because the man didn't mean to murder the woman in 'that' way, it does not make him any less guilty of murder.) 

I would not be freed from this--if I had not taken the time to review. Trust me. I would have continued on my merry way--oblivious to it. 

So, review is critical in our journey to develop a more loyal faith.

Stacy Duplease
Bible Study Writer & Blogger
A Loyal FaithFind my books at/store: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/hisfiction 

No comments:

Post a Comment