Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Your Bedroom: A Journaling prompt or exercise

Do the first part of this exercise while not in your bedroom.

Journal about your bedroom. What does it look like. How does it make you feel? What do you think there? What plans have you made there? What ideas have come to you? Is it a place of refuge? 

Now, go sit in your bedroom and journal about what you see. Describe what you see. Then, describe what you cannot see. 

What memories come to mind about your bedroom--now or in the past? 

Write whatever else comes to mind. 

Stacy Duplease
Journalkeeper & Author
* My Storykeeper Odyssey in 2013: Journaling & Memoir
* The Journaling & Storykeeping Encyclopedia of 2013

3 comments:

  1. My bedroom is not my refuge. I do all my work (computer) and I sleep. It is not a comforting place until I look on my wall where my computer is and see the photos I cherish. Looking at the pictures is very comforting. I spend alot of time in my bedroom on my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a place of refuge in your home?

    I am glad you enjoy your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a place of refuge in your home?

    I am glad you enjoy your pictures!

    ReplyDelete