Thursday, November 17, 2011

Amazon Kindle Fire News

Well, I got my Amazon Kindle Fire last night--after I had given up on the idea of receiving it yesterday. It was super easy to take out of packaging. It turned itself on for me so I didn't have to figure it out right away. That was rather nice. It was heavier than I anticipated, but not in a bad way. I am already used to the weight. 

It was given to me as a gift so I had to go through a couple of easy set-up points and then I was up and running. Except it needed an update. Sigh. I wasn't able to play with it for half an hour after I took it out of the box. But, I am glad it gets updates. So, no complaints by me in that regard.

Once the Fire was up and running, I fell in love with the little dude instantly. It took me less than half an hour to get all of my apps set-up, along with email and calendar. Then, it took me 5 minutes to decide which books I wanted to on the device and what I wanted to remain in the archive. I also set-up several internet bookmarks and that was the bulk of the 30 minutes of set-up.

Then, I played. I stayed up too late last night playing as a matter of fact. Well, reading actually, but that is still playing with how I do it. 

I read a great deal of reviews and saw people complaining of what it didn't have. If you read the specs, you knew what it didn't have. So, why would you complain? Buyer beware. It's not Amazon's fault if you bought it without reading the specs. Now, with that beings said, I must give it my own rating: So far, I give little Fire dude 10 stars out of 10. I will give you periodic news about what I think of it and re-rate it for you.

It does more than I anticipated. I wondered if I would be able to use it as a writing device. Oh, yeah! I can. So, little Fire dude and I are going to Panera Bread today. I haven't been to one since visiting back home in Denver in July. That is very unlike me. But, I now have a killer writing, study, and reading device.

Now... As to the Bible study hopes I had for little Fire dude... He's actually everything I hoped he would be and more. (Yes. I personify everything, by the way. My car's name is Judah, if that tells you anything.) I can now carry ALL of my bible study stuff with me 24/7/365 (provided they have wi-fi. But, everywhere I go has wi-fi.). I am without excuse. I can now be far more Christ and Word-centered. 

I will write more in a bit about the little Fire dude. It's now Bible study time--round one.  

Stacy Duplease
Bible Study Writer & Blogger
A Loyal Faith

Find my books at/store: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/hisfiction 



No comments:

Post a Comment