Wednesday, December 26, 2012

TIME OFF--EVEN FROM JOURNALING



While it is true that I journal every day, I also think that it is imperative to take some time off from everything every now and then--and I mean everything. I call it my extended Sabbath and/or vacation. It is important to refuel and recharge.

The last few months have been a busy time for my husband and me. Actually, busy does not quite cut it in description. We have been slammed. We have barely had time to breathe.

Needless to say, we have taken some desperately needed time off from everything. It has been quite delightful for this four day weekend. We have been able to sit on our rears and watch movies, read, enjoy one another's company, and relax. That has been a blessing.

I even took time off from journaling. Gulp. Yep. I sure have. I needed it, believe it or not. Time off from everything is sometimes more important so we can put more of our heart and soul into things later. This was one of those times.

That being said, it was not easy. I have felt a chunk of my heart was missing because I took time off from journaling. But, it was worth it. Do you want to know why? It's because I have more to offer my journaling this next week. I will be refreshed and ready to tackle preparation for the New Year.

(Written on Christmas Day)

-- Stacy Duplease
Journalkeeper & Author

(Image Credit: Microsoft Online Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment