Friday, December 28, 2012

My Storykeeper Odyssey in 2013

MY 2013 GOAL
To get all of my life's memories and stories on the page. (Yes. All of them.)

This is the name of a journaling series, a blog post series, and book(s) I am writing in 2013: MY STORYKEEPING ODYSSEY IN 2013.

DESCRIPTION
It is the story of me journaling my story, through storykeeping, in 2013. Storykeeping is more than a memoir. It's a journaling memoir, with the recognition of how my life has been shaped not only by what I have experienced, but by other stories. People (and their stories), places, and things/objects also have shaped who I am, along with ancestry, history, and current events. This is storykeeping. Put it all together, and you get: MY STORYKEEPING ODYSSEY IN 2013.

I will also write the book as a Journaling Exercise or Prompt book for people to get their own stories on the page--and perhaps write their memoir as well--through storykeeping. 

Don't worry. My personal journaling will have all of my memories. I will share just a few in the blog post series--and in my memoir as a storykeeper. 

DAILY WORD COUNT GOAL
My Daily Word Count Goal (Monday-Friday at least):
1,000 words (That would be a total of 260,000 words in a year. That's too much material for one book. My guess is it will be 2 books.)

WHY THIS JOURNALING, MEMOIR, AND STORYKEEPING PROJECT?
1 I want to get all of my memories down on the page in order to leave a legacy.
2 I want to explore my story and how, whether I realized it or not, how it's been impacted because of my family tree.
3 Faith has shaped my life. I want to explore this. 
4 Patriotism has also influenced my life. I also want to explore this. 
5 History has shaped my life. This is something else I want to explore. 
6 People, places, events, objects/things have shaped my life and I also want to explore these angles. 
7 I have lived a life of many experiences  and even hardships at times, and have come through to the other side--where I can thank the Lord for all of them. I have no regrets. I am who I am because of what has happened to me. I have learned so much and want to share what I've learned through evaluated experience. 
8 To share.

~ Stacy Duplease

No comments:

Post a Comment