Wednesday, December 19, 2012

My Storykeeper Odyssey in 2013 Journal: My Journaling




HOW DO I JOURNAL?
I do online (digital) journaling at Penzu (at: http://penzu.com/r/34f16257).

WHY DO I JOURNAL ONLINE OR AT PENZU?
I do online journaling for several different reasons:
1 Online journaling is permanent. It never gets lost, stolen, or damaged. 
2 Online journaling doesn't take up any shelf space in your home or on your computer.
3 You can access your journal with any internet compatible device (cell, tablet, e-reader, laptop, PC, etc.)
4 It's easy. 
5 I can download my journals in different formats if I want and can print them. 
6 I can use a search engine to find old journal entries. This is perhaps one of the most important things. If I want to look something up later, I don't have to go through old indexes and old paper journals. Nor do I have to hunt on my computer for Word files. Instead, I use the search engine on Penzu and find it quickly. This saves a lot of time and prevents a headache.

WHERE DO I JOURNAL?
I have my own office/study/library--whatever you want to call it. I typically call it the office or study and it's in the second largest bedroom in our house. 

I also journal on my sofa at night time as we watch our TV shows and movies. I put a pillow in my lap and use my Amazon Kindle Fire. 

(My Dad called and then my Mom called.) 

2012-12-19 14:59:00

Note: I re-add the time and date if there has been a lag in time between my journal entries. That's why you just saw the additional date and time stamp.

WHEN DO I JOURNAL?  
I am a morning person  so I do the bulk of my journaling in the morning when I am the freshest and can think the clearest. However, I also journal all day long and evening long. I try to steal as much time as possible to journal. I've been known to journal in the middle of the night, and last night was one of those nights  but that isn't too common. 

~ Stacy Duplease

(Image Credit: Stacy Duplease.) 

4 comments:

  1. Love your journaling posts! I'm inspired! I write in my journal when the spirit moves, which isn't often enough. But I do always find it helps immensely, especially when I'm struggling to make sense of something.

    Thanks for your comment over at my blog. It was very nice to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your journaling posts! I'm inspired! I write in my journal when the spirit moves, which isn't often enough. But I do always find it helps immensely, especially when I'm struggling to make sense of something.

    Thanks for your comment over at my blog. It was very nice to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marybeth,

    Thank you for your comment as well.

    I am glad you are inspired. Enjoy.

    Isn't that the truth about journaling, by the way? It's where we can turn to when we are struggling. Amen to that!

    Blessings,

    Stacy Duplease

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marybeth,

    Thank you for your comment as well.

    I am glad you are inspired. Enjoy.

    Isn't that the truth about journaling, by the way? It's where we can turn to when we are struggling. Amen to that!

    Blessings,

    Stacy Duplease

    ReplyDelete