Friday, December 2, 2011

Disturbed again: Charging money for prayer

Okay... I am disturbed again. 

While I was doing research online for other resources to give you for Praying the Word (for extra information for you and to show you I am credible), I was disturbed--again. It seems as though every time I go online and do research for my books I am disturbed the last 6 weeks or so. It's righteous indignation, by the way.

Do you know how many websites there are out there that will charge you a fee for them to pray for you?

Also, the one that disturbed me the most was one that will charge you a monthly fee, or yearly members fee, to get on their website and learn their method for Praying the Word of God. Granted, I am an author and will charge $5.00 for this book in time... But, I won't charge you a monthly fee or a yearly fee. Also, I am giving you all of my material for free now. I will keep it online forever so you can get it for free as well. 

But, charging to learn how to Pray the Word--monthly and yearly fees. That's what disturbs me. Terribly. 

Do you want to know the absolute number one, top of the line, biggest and best secret for Praying the Word? Ready yourself. Hang on.

The big tip for Praying the Word is this:

OPEN THE BIBLE AND READ IT TO GOD. THEN, LISTEN TO HEAR WHAT HE HAS TO TELL YOU. 

Ta-da! That's it. Nothing fancy... But, it's everything. It will bless you and will help you grow a more loyal faith to God and his Word. It will transform you. 

Oh! You now owe me a monthly and yearly fee. (No. Not really. Sarcasm.)

Ha! Sheesh! 

Charging for prayer and to learn how to pray--monthly and yearly fees. That's disturbing. 

I believe in making money and capitalism. Firmly. We have to eat and have shelter. (Need I mention my other favorite book of all time, "ATLAS SHRUGGED" by Ayn Rand? )

But, to charge for prayer. Where have we gone wrong? Why would this even be an option in society? Where is the outrage? 

Father, forgive us. 

Stacy Duplease
Bible Study Writer & Blogger
A Loyal Faith

2 comments:

  1. I confess. I'm guilty. I have now repented.
    I have in the past been guilty of not doing my best. I say I'm a perfectionist when it comes to work. That is wrong. I need to do my best with everything I undertake.

    Allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I confess. I'm guilty. I have now repented.
    I have in the past been guilty of not doing my best. I say I'm a perfectionist when it comes to work. That is wrong. I need to do my best with everything I undertake.

    Allie

    ReplyDelete