Thursday, December 20, 2012

Journaling Retreat: Checking In and Journaling Exercise


Journaling Retreat

We are over halfway through the day and should have quite the list of memories so far. 

JOURNALING EXERCISE:
* So, how is your memory list coming? Is it going better or worse than you imagined?
* How long is your list?
* What memories have surprised you?
* What have you forgotten and remembered?
* How have you compiled the list so far? What has worked and hasn't worked for you?
* Pick three memories to write a paragraph more about at this time.
* What memories have you made at different restaurants? List them.
* What foods and recipes remind you of memories? List the memories. 

TIPS
Have you tried to re-read your list as you go--to see if any other memories sre stirred up and remembered? 
Have you talked with someone else about your memories and see if they could help you jog your memories? 

MY PROGRESS
I have 20 pages so far of my list  But, I've been emailing back and forth with my mom who has reminded me of some memories and I have done the same with her.  Then, when I see her emails, it reminds me of something else. This has been helpful.

But, now I am getting sleepy and have slowed down with my list  So, I am going to try to switch it up for a bit and think of all my favorites--of anything and see what memories I can think of associated with each.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful day it's been. Remembering...

    -M-

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful day it's been. Remembering...

    -M-

    ReplyDelete