Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Post #3 of My Storykeeper Odyssey in 2013: My Personal Journaling


Written: 29 December 2012

MY 2013 GOAL
To get all of my life's memories and stories on the page. (Yes. All of them.)

This is the name of a journaling series, a blog post series, and book(s) I am writing in 2013: MY STORYKEEPING ODYSSEY IN 2013.

DESCRIPTION
It is the story of me journaling my story, through storykeeping, in 2013. Storykeeping is more than a memoir. It's a journaling memoir, with the recognition of how my life has been shaped not only by what I have experienced, but by other stories. People (and their stories), places, and things/objects also have shaped who I am, along with ancestry, history, and current events. This is storykeeping. Put it all together, and you get: MY STORYKEEPING ODYSSEY IN 2013.

I will also write the book as a Journaling Exercise or Prompt book for people to get their own stories on the page--and perhaps write their memoir as well--through storykeeping. 

Don't worry. My personal journaling will have all of my memories. I will share just a few in the blog post series--and in my memoir as a storykeeper. 

DAILY WORD COUNT GOAL
My Daily Word Count Goal (Monday-Friday at least):
1,000 words (That would be a total of 260,000 words in a year. That's too much material for one book. My guess is it will be 2 books.)

WHY THIS JOURNALING, MEMOIR, AND STORYKEEPING PROJECT?
1 I want to get all of my memories down on the page in order to leave a legacy.
2 I want to explore my story and how, whether I realized it or not, how it's been impacted because of my family tree.
3 Faith has shaped my life. I want to explore this. 
4 Patriotism has also influenced my life. I also want to explore this. 
5 History has shaped my life. This is something else I want to explore. 
6 People, places, events, objects/things have shaped my life and I also want to explore these angles. 
7 I have lived a life of many experiences  and even hardships at times, and have come through to the other side--where I can thank the Lord for all of them. I have no regrets. I am who I am because of what has happened to me. I have learned so much and want to share what I've learned through evaluated experience. 
8 To share.

~ Stacy Duplease
Journalkeeper 

No comments:

Post a Comment