Tuesday, November 8, 2011

How Many Bible Versions?

Whenever we look up a verse or a passage in Scripture, I recommend looking up as many Bible versions as you can. 3 to 5. But, more is good. 

What I mean is that we should look at, for example:
~ The New International Version (NIV)
~ The Message (MSG)
~ New Living Translation (NLT)
~ Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
~ The Amplified (AMP) 
~ New King James Version (NKJV)
~ New American Standard Bible (NASB)

WHY SHOULD WE?
Why should we look up 3 to 5 versions of the same verse or passage?
There are two reasons:
The more we read it, and in different ways, the more we will (1) understand it and (2) remember it. 

HOW DO WE?
Let's take this Bible study link as an example:


Here are the instructions, as an example:
A Go there now.
B Find, "SEARCH BIBLE".
C Type in Hebrews 11:1-2. 
D If you look in the "USING" field, you can change the versions in which you see and can read the verses in.

That's it. It is that easy.

TO DO: I recommend every time you look up a verse, and in each version, you make notes about what it says in your journal workbook. Write what spoke to you, what didn't, what questions you have, and how you can apply it to your life (or what to do or what not to do). Make sure you note the differences between the versions.

Now, do not get out of those verses. They are what the next blog post is about. 

Stacy Duplease
Inspirational Historical Romance Author & Bible Study Writer
A timeless kind of love... and a loyal faith...

Find my books at/store: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/hisfiction 

My historical fiction blog & latest book information: Greetings
My writing fiction & NaNoWriMo blog: My Trusted Writing Compaions
Journaling Chronicle: All of my blogs
My blog: Books and Store
My faithful his fiction blog: a loyal faith
a loyal faith blog: Finding answers from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment