Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Finding answers from the Bible

Whenever we want answers to a life question, moral question, or want to know how to live, the Bible is the first place we should go. But, the question is, do we? Do we really?

If we turn to the Bible, do we turn first to Bible studies, commentaries, Bible dictionaries, devotionals, Christian Living Books, people, etc.--or do we turn first to the Be and see if we can find the answer there and on our own through the assistance of the Answer (the Word of God)? 

That was a complicated question. Did you follow?

In case I was not clear, let me ask the question in a different way. 

Do you trust God with the answers or man--first? 

Chew on that for a moment before you read any further. 

All of the things I mentioned above are written by man--including this blog (well... woman, but you get the idea). Man is fallible. Man makes mistakes and might interpret something incorrectly. Therefore, it is important to listen first to the Word and find your answers there, along with much prayer. If you still are not finding the answer, then it helps to turn to trusted Bible resources--with much prayer again. 

Do not trust man. Man will lead you astray.

Part of developing a more loyal faith is to turn first to God and not to man. 

I am sure you already know all of this. However, I bring it up because of the errors I make and have made. There is a reason why I am writing this blog. I need it. I figured if I need it, others might as well. So, here we go. (Never mind how God told me to. Who am I to argue?) 

I have had the tendency to forget everything I just mentioned. I KNOW it. But, it does not mean I ACT on it, if that makes sense. I get busy, lazy, or both. Therefore, I might turn first to a Christian Living book or to a study Bible for answers. Then, if I am still wanting, needing, or searching for more, I turn to a commentary. I do not take the time to look at cross-references. I do not give it the adequate amount of time to stew in my mind and take my time with finding the answers I seek. I look for the short-cut, fast food variety of faith. I'm busy. There are more pressing things I need to do. My schedule is not my own.

Is this resonating? Please tell me I am not the only one. 

I KNOW better. Yet, I fall into the trap of busyness. 

This blog and Bible study is my effort to corral my busyness and short-cuts and get back to the basics. 

For instance, who and what are more important than God?

So, when I have asked you to write out your definition of A LOYAL FAITH, it's been in an effort to help us look and see what we think it means so we can compare what it means to God and his Word. We will start to look at that in the next blog post. 

JOURNAL WORKBOOK TIME
Please grab your journal notebook and respond to the following:

99 What has God said to you today?

100 What have you said to God today?

101 What can you apply to your life from this post? List three things:
a
b
c

102 Your prayer:

Stacy Duplease
Inspirational Historical Romance Author & Bible Study Writer
A timeless kind of love... and a loyal faith...
Find my books at/store: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/hisfiction 
My historical fiction blog & latest book information: Greetings
My writing fiction & NaNoWriMo blog: NaNoWriMo Day 7

No comments:

Post a Comment