Tuesday, November 8, 2011

NaNoWriMo Day 8

Well, I am now 18,000 words into JAMESTOWN PASSAGE and cannot help but wonder how I will wrap up the book in 70,000 words. It's like I am just getting started with the story-line Hmm.... 

I have learned the secret to making 3,000 daily word count goals seem easy. Two weeks before, write 9,000 words per day. So, that might be advice for NaNoWriMo next year. Do writing sprints of another book prior so it makes the 1,667 daily word count goal seem easy. Just a thought. I will make note of this for next year. 

But, how do you get through now when it seems like you can't write a word--let along 1,667? 

Here are a few ideas to help you get more words down on the page:
A Are you writing by hand? If so, write for a bit on the computer. If you are using the computer, write by hand.
B Listen to music or don't listen to music. Do the opposite of what you are doing now. If you are listening to music, you might think about changing the genre. 
C Write in a different place. Do not write in the same place.
D Try drinking a different beverage.

You get the idea. Change it up. Freshen it up. It helps! 


Stacy Duplease
Inspirational Historical Romance Author & Bible Study Writer
A timeless kind of love... and a loyal faith...

Find my books at/store: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/hisfiction 

My historical fiction blog & latest book information: Greetings
My writing fiction & NaNoWriMo blog: My Trusted Writing Compaions
Journaling Chronicle: All of my blogs
My blog: Books and Store
My faithful his fiction blog: a loyal faith
a loyal faith blog: How Many Bible Versions?

No comments:

Post a Comment