Wednesday, December 19, 2012

My Storykeeper Odyssey in 2013 Journal: Background Information




I am going to start to share my personal journal entries with you. It's part of my 2013 storykeeping odyssey. This is the first entry and this is how I begin all of my journal entries, by the way:

2012-12-19 08:28:45 (19 December 2012, Wednesday)
Home: At Writing Desk

This additional is something I want to do everyday, all day long, but don't always have the time:

Journaling in Penzu
Theme of the Day: Preparing for "My Storykeeper Odyssey in 2013" and getting all of my life on the page
Plans of the Day: Take a couple of friends to the airport and journal; write on journaling communities and read them; drink more coffee
Don't Forget: Airport run.

How should I start off my story? 

Hmm. Thinking. I guess I shall start at the very beginning, as the song goes in THE SOUND OF MUSIC. 

My name is Stacy Duplease.

I am a Christian, wife, journalkeeper, storykeeper, and writer/author. 

I am in my later-30's.

I've journaled for about 30 years and journal every single day--preferably all day long. On the weekends, I cannot necessarily write all day long, but still journal at some point each day. 

I am addicted to coffee, I workout most days, read every day, and am in the process of getting rid of thousands of books and getting them on my Amazon Kindle Fire HD 4G 8.9-inch device.

I've been trying to get rid of books and put them on my Kindle for four years now and have made quite the dent. As a matter of fact, between now and July, I should have 10 bookshelves down to 3. I think the 3 is what I will always have  They are books I cannot bare to part with at this point. Now, let me tell you. I had 10 bookcases that were jammed into multiple layers. They filled the shelves to the max. Hence, this has been quite the undertaking. What can I say, my husband and I both went to seminary and are into psychology; consequently, it meant we had a lot of books. Never mind how I am a book nut and read at least one book a week.

With my husband's job, and how we move every two to three years, the saving of storage is key. (It can be a back-breaker ) That's why we've been getting rid of books and why I journal online now. 

I am married to my best friend and we live in Virginia--near Jamestown and Yorktown. I am a third generation Colorado native. When my husband retires, we want to make Wyoming home. All my family (most anyway) is in Colorado. 

We want a kid someday. As of now, we have four 4-legged critters Zack beagle, Sinan Orange Maine Coon Cat, Shelly RES turtle, and Harry RES turtle. 

FAITH
I am a Christian. I have been ever since I could remember, thanks to my Granny and Pa. I remember praying at the age of three and comprehending Jesus Christ. 

MY FAMILY TREE 
I recently discovered how I've had family here in the USA since 1607. As a matter-of-fact, I had three family members who were in Jamestown at that time. And, by 1640, I had over 35 family members at Jamestown. I also learned that I am a descendant of some of the Plantagenets and the Tudors. Never mind how I had at least 40 family members executed in the Tower of London over time (yikes). 

However  it is the American heritage I am most proud of. My family is as American as we can be and have always been faithful to our Christian faith and patriotic. I had multiple family members fight in the Revolutionary War (including a father and his 12 sons). We've also had a family member fight in every war the USA has seen. 

Keep in mind, my family had NO IDEA whatsoever about anything I just stated--until recently. It makes it even more appropriate that I just so happen to live in Virginia at this time. 

PATRIOTISM
I have always been patriotic and a 100%, firm supporter of our military. I also pay attention to politics. I re-read the Declaration of Independence and U.S. Constitution every year so I can keep them in the forefront of my mind. I vote every election and know the people and issues involved in every election. 

And, that was before I learned about my family tree on 14 June 2012. 

~ Stacy Duplease

(Image Credit: Stacy Duplease) 

No comments:

Post a Comment