Wednesday, December 19, 2012

My Storykeeper Odyssey in 2013





GENERALS TO SPECIFICS
This blog has been focused on journaling in a general sense for the last month. It has been an Introduction to Journaling.

Now, we are going to switch to different types of journaling. We will still cover the basics and generals of journaling, but we will also look at more specifics.

WHAT IS A STORYKEEPER AND WHAT IS STORYKEEPING? 
I am sure you have wondered what I meant by storykeeping and being a storykeeper for a while now. I am still trying to work on a good definition, I must confess. But, 2013 will be the year I learn everything it means and will share my odyssey with you.

This much I do know, though. A storykeeper is someone who takes journaling one-step further and goes deeper with their journaling. A storykeeper acknowledges that their story intertwines with all the other stories that they come in contact with in daily living. Each story impacts one another's story. Hence, when a storykeeper journals, they make sure to write the other stories as well--and shares how it's impacted their own life. 

A storykeeper also makes sure to get their entire life on the page. They, after all, are keepers of story. 

A storykeeper knows that all stories are sacred. They are spiritual, a thing of the heart, and part of the spirit. Stories are meant to impact a life and transform it. 

GET IT ALL DOWN ON THE PAGE 
I think Sandy Hook has taught me something that I want to remember even more in 2013. Life changes on a dime. I could die tomorrow. Or worse... My loved ones could die tomorrow. So... I want to tell then everything I would want them to know before any of us actually do die.

Starting tomorrow I am going to get all of the stories I would want told down on the page... my stories and theirs.

2013 will be the year I get my stories down on the page. I will pledge at least 20 hours a week of this alone.

I have no idea about all the writing projects I ahd planned. We shall see. This si the one that Sandy Hook taught me matters most to me. It's time to get serious and get my full story on the page--past, present, and future (plans). 

MY STORYKEEPER ODYSSEY IN 2013
This is the title of my 2013 project. 

Care to join me on my odyssey? As I journal, I will add journaling exercises or prompts to help you write your story and embark on your own journey. 

~ Stacy Duplease

(Image Credit: Stacy Duplease) 

No comments:

Post a Comment