Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Day 6: Lord, Where Are You Leading Me?: Part 1



Day 6: Lord, Where Are You Leading Me?: Part 1



Lord, where do You want me to go and what do You want me to do with the next year and this new beginning? Answer this question in your prayer journal.

PRAYER JOURNALING AND CONTEMPLATION QUESTION:


Does the previous question mean more to you than what you want or desire? Explain your answer. Be thorough and be brutally honest.
Prove your answer to the above. If you said yes, look at your schedule over the last year. Does your schedule reflect that God’s desire is first in your life? Or are your desires?
If you said no, that is okay. It’s important to be honest with ourselves and with God. Now, don’t feel guilty for a second. That’s not the intent. Nor is guild worthwhile. After all, you cannot change the past. But, you can sure learn from it, apply those lessons, and choose how you will do things in the future.

A LITTLE REMINDER…


Don’t forget your yearly Bible verse or your memory verses. Pray them back to God at this time, whether by memory or by looking at them.

GOD, LEAD ME PRAYER


God, lead me. Tell me what Your purpose is for me and my life this morning, this afternoon, this evening, tonight, tomorrow, this week, this month, this quarter, this year, the next two years, three years, five years, decade, twenty years, twenty-five years, etc. Help make it abundantly clear to me and help me not to miss it. Teach me how to live Your purpose this day as well as tomorrow. I want to live for You and bring You glory. I want to live according to Your will, not mine. Please teach me to do so and guide me.
Write out what you said to God and what He said to you in your prayer journal.

HOW DO WE KNOW WHERE GOD IS LEADING US OR THAT HE IS SHOWING US THE WAY AND HIS PURPOSE?


The best way to know God’s purpose for us each and every moment is to be in the Word of God, the Bible. It’s really that simple. He will show us the way through the Scripture. This is why it’s so important for us to be in the Bible each and every day—preferably throughout the day each day. It is the Word of God, after all. It’s how He speaks to us.
Prayer journal your thoughts.
Now, let’s look at some verses which should help us know what to pray and how to pray for the next year and our new beginning. With each verse listed after this section, prayer journal these 4 things about each verse:
1 What jumped out at you and why?
2 What did you learn from this verse?
3 What did God say to you through this verse?
4 What does this verse mean to you and your life today, this week, this month, this quarter, this year, etc.?

Psalm 16:7 NCV


7 I praise the Lord because he advises me.
Even at night, I feel his leading.
-- NCV: Scripture taken from the New Century Version®. Copyright © 2005 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
Don’t forget to prayer journal the four things before we continue.
I do not know about you, but that verse teaches me a great deal of what to do and what I haven’t been doing. (Sigh.)

SELAH. PAUSE.


Selah. Pause.
Do not press forward for a moment.
Savor the moment instead.
Listen to God and stop speaking.
Pause. Rest.
You do not have to continue at any time if God is speaking to You. Just stop and pause. Hang out here for a while. If your brain is working like crazy, if God is speaking, if you feel like you are on the precipice of something big, or if you experience and A-HA moment, then stop. Selah. Pause.
If you are tired and exhausted. Selah. Pause.
There might be days when you need to do this several times throughout your day. Do it.

Psalm 23:3 NOG


He guides me along the paths of righteousness
for the sake of his name.
-- NOG: Scripture is taken from NAMES OF GOD BIBLE (WITHOUT NOTES) ®, © 1995 God’s Word to the Nations. Used by permission of Baker Publishing Group.
Don’t forget to prayer journal the four things before we continue.

Psalm 25:5 GW


5 Lead me in your truth and teach me
because you are God, my savior.
I wait all day long for you.
-- GW: Scripture is taken from GOD’S WORD®, © 1995 God’s Word to the Nations. Used by permission of Baker Publishing Group.
Don’t forget to prayer journal the four things before we continue.
Id o not know about you, but with the last three verses we just read, I could spend a month or two thinking about those verses over and over, prayer journaling about them, and memorizing them. They are quite powerful and are motivational. I can learn a great deal from each of those verses.
This verse, Psalm 25:5 GW teaches me a great deal and I want to apply the lessons to me life—and do so immediately. After all, it’s the ‘I wait for God all day long’ that really gets to me. How often do I wait for God? When was the last time I waited for God? When was the last time I waited on God ALL day long? Ouch. Now, prayer journal your responses to those three questions. Be thorough and honest.

MEMORY VERSES


Do not forget to continue to memorize Philippians 4:4-8. These will be due by the end of Week 2.

PRAYER JOURNALING AND CONTEMPLATION QUESTIONS


What did you learn today?
How is God guiding you?
Where is God guiding you?
What did you say to God?
What did He say to you?
What is His purpose for you and your life today? This week? This month? This quarter? This year?

A LITTLE REMINDER…



Don’t forget your yearly Bible verse or your memory verses. Pray them back to God at this time, whether by memory or by looking at them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment