Monday, December 30, 2013

Day 4 Bible Verse for the Year




Day 4 Bible Verse for the Year


For the next year, pick a verse that you want to focus on and live. Let it be your mission statement for the next year. Use it be your banner to focus on what God is telling you.
Make sure to pick the verse God is telling you to pick—and not the verse you want.
Then, make sure it’s visible. Put it everywhere you can so that it stares you in the face, so to speak, all year long. Also, memorize it so you can say it to yourself all night and day as well for the next year.
Commit to it. Make sure that you plan on living it each and every day all night and day long.
Study it. Spend the entire year studying it and learning from it. Talk to God about it and listen to what God has to tell you about it.
Apply it to your life. Live it all year long, each day.
Tells others about it.
Stick with it. Do not let a day go by that you do not think on it, prayer journal about it, and so on.
Finally, make sure to attach a comment to the end of this blog post, or at the end of any on my blog, and let me and the others who are part of this community know of your choice. Let us encourage one another and check in with one another about it.

HOMEWORK: PRAYER JOURNAL AND CONTEMPLATION QUESTION


What verse will be your focus and mission statement verse for the next year? 

1 comment:

  1. The Lord gave me Psalm 32:8 for my life verse when I came to Christ and He saved me. "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with My eyes upon You." I COUNT ON THE PROMISE OF THIS VERSE EVERY DAY. He has fulfilled this constantly as I've been married, raised children, now with grandchildren, through sickness and how to maintain health, and to know and love Him, to know and trust His character and heart. Just a few examples. Always He instructs, teaches and counsels me. By giving me the verse, He told me to expect Him to, so I did and do. The verse is the substance upon which I place my faith and assurance that He will meet my need for His revelations. But I never thought about seeking Him for a scripture or passage upon which to found the year. I will now for 2014. Thanks, Stacy.

    ReplyDelete