Monday, December 30, 2013

Good Morning, Lord: A Prayer




Good Morning, Lord: A Prayer

Good morning, Lord.
How sweet it is to wake up knowing You are in my life and are working in my life, around my life, and through my life. You are always with me and forever present. You never leave me and certainly never forsake me (1 Kings 6:13; 1 Kings 8:57; Isaiah 42:16; Hebrews 13:5).
I also start this day knowing I have two choices:
1 Make today all about me or partially about me.
2 Make this day all about You.
I woke today because You wanted me to do so. That means You have a purpose for me this day. Am I going to live it? This is my choice.
Lord, guide me. Help me every second, minute, and hour, to make today all about You and not about me.
For, today is Your day. There is no better day.

Psalm 118:24 * Expanded Bible (EXB)
24 This is the day that the Lord has made.
   Let us rejoice and be glad ·today [in it]!
-- EXB: Scripture taken from The Expanded Bible. Copyright © 2011 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

PRAYER JOURNALING AND CONTEMPLATION
How can I make today more about You, Lord?
How can I make each day ALL about You, Lord? 
What is Your purpose (or purposes) for me today? This week? This month? This quarter? This year? This decade? 

(Image Credit: Stacy Duplease: The sunrise. 2011.)

No comments:

Post a Comment