Monday, March 3, 2014

Not Journaling, Deeper Journaling, Exhaustion, and a Snow Day (My Personal Journaling)


Not Journaling, Deeper Journaling, Exhaustion, and a Snow Day (My Personal Journaling)

I haven't really journaled, nor have worked on my memoir in fiction, in three days. Sure, I've done some here and there, but not as much as my heart desires. So, I feel empty and like something is missing. This is what happens when I don't or can't journal for whatever reason.
No matter what, I try to get at least a paragraph of journaling every day. I do this even if toothpicks are required. I know how much worse I would be if I didn't.
I sure miss the deeper journaling, where I get all of the surface stuff on the paper, sure. The surface stuff leads to deeper journaling now and later. But, what I need is some time deep journaling every day as well. Oh, how I miss it and need it.
My life has been go, go, go since I got home from a ten-day trip back home to Denver, Colorado and the Writing for the Soul, the Christian Writers Guild, conference. I still haven't had time to journal about the trip or the conference. That's how crazy it's been since I got back.
My husband's job has been go, go, go, as well, and we've been keeping some crazy hours. Consequently, we are both exhausted. Worn out, tuckered, exhausted, tired. We both said we need two weeks of vacation at home, where we have no plans and just rejuvenate. Or, at least a day of rest, rear ends on sofa.
Well, today is a snow day for hubby! And, there isn't any snow on the ground yet. Wait. Let me go get some coffee and look outside to see if this is still true. Hang on a second.
Yep. There is no snow yet.
Funny. The second I typed the period of the last paragraph, it started to rain. It was 954 a.m.
I'm a Colorado girl, so living in the Tidewater part of Virginia (Hampton/Newport News area), I find it amusing how in order for work and schools to get cancelled around here, all there needs to be is a threat of snow, so to speak. In Colorado, it requires at least eighteen inches of snow, in one sitting. I think I only had five snow days while growing up. Now, since living here in Virginia, there have been more.
I think it's good they make it a snow day, though. Here, it shows and then rains and then freezes, so that is quite dangerous. Since this is the Tidewater area, there are ditches along the edges of most city streets because they collect the rain. If you slide on the ice and go in a ditch, that wouldn't be good. Also, they don't have the snow removal equipment required for snow here. So, I get it. I'm not complaining. I'm only making an observation.
But, let me tell you this.
Never has a snow day been more sorely needed. B (my husband) and I are in desperate need for a rear end to sofa day.
Early this morning, we got the email notifying us of the snow day, so we were able to turn off the alarm. Wow. That was nice sleeping in. I got up around 8:30ish. I am a morning person, so that meant sleeping in late. B has never slept in as late as he right now. It's just after ten. So, this snow day has had a good start.
My sofa day looks like this: Journaling all day, while snuggling with hubby, beagle, and cat--when and if he makes an appearance. I may get out of my pajamas around noon. Maybe.
The journaling all day thing has great appeal and my heart soars just thinking about it. I sure do need it. Desperately.
So, I am counting my blessings: Snow day. Sleeping in. Snuggling with beagle on sofa. Drinking coffee. Hearing rain splatter on the ground window by the couch. Made homemade steel cut oats (oatmeal). Feeling the heat as it kicks on and warms the Family Room. Journaling. Unexpected surprises and blessings.

YOUR JOURNALING
Please don’t skip this. Everything we read is an opportunity to learn, grow, and journal.
1 Does any of this resonate?
2 Journal your thoughts.
3 How does this apply to your life?
4 How can this influence your life?
5 How can this influence your journaling--today and in the future?
6 Count your blessings today.

-- Stacy Duplease, Writer
Sent from Amazon Kindle Fire HDX
Faith Journaling Website & Blog:
http://faithjournaling.blogspot.com

Updated on March 05, 2014 0947 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment