Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Welcome



Welcome

Welcome to A SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY THROUGH THE BOOK OF PSALMS, PART 1. 
This is a book which has been years in the making (and will take me years to write the complete sentimental journey through Psalms). It's a project near and dear to my heart, after all. I read the Psalms every day and have made them the first thing I turn to when I am dealing with a life challenge or when I haven't hear from God or when I want to draw near to Him and His Word. Therefore, you know how life goes. I read them often.


MY CONCERNS
This project is something I've wanted to do for a long time now, but I have not made the time. After all, it's a huge (massive, enormous, gigantic) project--if I want to do it right. It could take me years (and, Lord, help me, decades) to do it right and that's rather intimidating, I must admit. 

Who on earth would want to spend years reading this--if it does take me years to write? This is one of my concerns. 

Another concern is: Will I be able to stick with it and finish it? 

Yet another concern is: It will require a great commitment on my part on on the part of my readers. 

Then, God stops me. He gets my attention thoroughly and asks, "Who couldn't get a great deal out of the Psalms? It's a book of hymns, prayer, prayer journaling, praise, worship, reverence of God, etc. It's the best book to turn to for answers to life challenges. It teaches us to pray and praise the Lord. It teaches us to worship Him and how to pray and be in the Word 24/7/365. If anyone wants to draw close(r) to god, they will turn to the Psalms. It's relaly that simple. 

Is Psalms the most important book in the Bible? No. I think all 66 books have equal importance. God wrote them. 

That being said, Psalms is a book that can reach anyone where they are and at all times. It's the best book to teach us life application, helps us hear from God, and get answers as well.
Now, back to all of my concerns. The truth is, this is probably the biggest writing project I have ever thought of and is the most intimidating. that's how I know it's from God. It will stretch me beyond my comfort level, so I know it has to be God working in me, through me, and around me. 

WHY SHOULD YOU READ THIS BOOK AND THE REST OF THEM THEREAFTER?
1 I will write them in 40-day segments, so it will be more manageable segments for you (and me). 
2 The Psalms will teach you to pray (and prayer journal), praise, worship, and get to know God and how to relate to him. 
3 The Psalms also will help you to learn how to live a Christian life.
4 The Psalms will teach you about the Messiah, Lord Jesus Christ. 
5 They are easy to apply to our lives today.

FIRST PERSON WRITING
As I write this book, I will write it in first person. Please, as you read it, read it as I, as in you, not as in me, Stacy. Read it personally for you. Make them your words and apply them to your life.

SHALL WE?
Shall we get started?
I don't know about you, but I am excited to see what God will say and do through this intense, in-depth study of the Book of Psalms. 

LET'S PRAY
God, show us the way through the book of Psalms. Guide us and instruct us. Help us draw forever closer to You and bring You the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment