Thursday, January 23, 2014

Snow: Is it yucky or is it an opportunity?

Snow: Is it yucky or is it an opportunity?

Is snow a pain, miserable, and yucky--or is it an opportunity? That is the question. 

The weather in my area has been below freezing for two days. We actually got some snow--and it rarely snows here. My husband has been on two-hour delays getting into work the last two mornings. 

Is the snow and ice yucky? Is it something to dislike? Is it something to groan about and complain? 



Snow shows the power and glory of God. The beauty is staggering. It brings moisture and freshens the air. 

Sure, it can be a challenge to drive in, but if you leave early enough (which is the key, by the way... just a tip from this Colorado native gal) , it can be fun. 

Another thing to love about snow: It makes breathing easy. I can breathe easier when it snows. 
Another two-hour delay of hubby going into work. That means less writing time for me today, which with a writing conference coming up, time is precious for my writing. But, do I focus here? No. No way. Why? I like to take advantage of opportunities. The snow brought us a special opportunity to do something unusual on a work day. We went out for breakfast. What a special time. 

Also, I rarely turn on my radio in the car. I use it for quiet time to be with God and listen. but, I turned it on today to a Christian music station--and the song that came on as I got close to home was one of my favorites. So, I sang at the top of my lungs and worshiped God through the glory and splendor of the snow. It gave me an opportunity I would not have had otherwise. I was able to have some special time with both my men this morning--God and hubby. 

Yep. Life is good. 

So, the next time you have something that your first instinct is to take as yucky in your life, turn it into something good. Take advantage of the opportunity God gives you through the yuck. 

To God be the glory!




(Images credit: Microsoft images online 2008-2014.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment