Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Sentimental Journey Through the Book of Psalms, Part 1: An Introduction



Today, I am going to start to go through the Book of Psalms word by word, phrase by phrase, line by line, verse by verse. I want to do an in-depth approach to the Book of Psalms and get as much out of them as possible.
This will be my study of the Psalms, my devotional of the Psalms, and my praying the Word through the Psalms (meditating, pondering, contemplating the Word of God, the Holy Bible).
Here are the sections I will do with each verse:
1 FIRST READING: Read all the way through and prayer journal initial thoughts and anything God tells me.
2 PRAY THE WORD: Then, I will pray the Word, word by word. I will prayer journal as I do that. I will do this in multiple ways:
a Word by word
b phrase by phrase
c line by line
d the entire verse
3 CROSS-REFERENCES
4 APPLICATION: How this does and/or how it could apply to my life?
5 WHAT I SAY TO GOD
6 WHAT GOD SAYS TO ME
7 COMMENTARY STUDY: Then, I will look and see what others say about the Psalm.
8 Summary Prayer Journal Entry
9 Then, I will do #1-2 and 8 with every four verses.
10 Then, I will do #1-2 and 8 with the entire chapter.
I will share my story as I go through this book and share how this book has influenced my life in the past, how it does now, and how I know it will in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment