Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Waiting for Present: The Amazon Kindle 8.9-inch 4G HD Fire



As a writer, it's very important for me to have the ability to write. Tools are necessary in order for this to happen. Paper, pen, computers, cell phones, tablets, etc. It's also important to be able to write at any time. There are tools for that as well.

My husband, God bless him, knows the importance of my writing tools. That was why over a year ago, he got me the first generation of the Amazon Kindle Fire. I loved it--other than how it's only a wireless device--and not a 4G device. That's my one and only complaint. So, this Fire only helped me to write in 80% of the areas in which I write, but not all. Therefore, in September, just before my birthday, when we found out about the new Fire, the Amazon Kindle 8.9-inch 4G HD Fire, he ordered one for me. I told him that would cover birthday and Christmas this year. He laughed and told me it was a business expense so it didn't count. (again, bless him!)

Two nights ago, my hubby got the email I have been waiting for: YOUR AMAZON KINDLE FIRE HAS SHIPPED. 

Victory! 

He checked it out online just to make sure--and it was true! 

I tried to be calm for him, but inside, I went nuts. "Yay!" I vocalized. Inside, I did a dance, shrieked, and ran through the house. (I figured if I really did those things, he would find me a little weirder than normal and tried to compose myself.) 

Needless to say, I have to play more of the waiting game. Sigh. Thank God I've matured through the years and have learned how to play it better each year. 

The two new sleeves (so I can switch them with moods, as I do with my cell phone cover), the orange cover, the screen protector sheets, the wireless keyboard, and my purse all await its arrival.

So, when will I get it? I will let you know.

This is a big deal to me. I cannot wait to be able to write and journal anywhere and everywhere. 

Stacy Duplease
Journalkeeper & Author
The Remembering Your Present Journal Keeping Series
dba Remembering Your Present, LLC & Storykeeper 2121

No comments:

Post a Comment