Wednesday, November 28, 2012

DAY 2: 365-DAYS AND THE HOME CHRONICLES

DAY 2: A HOME CRISIS






WHAT IS MY STORY?: PART 1
I used to know what and where home was, but now am not so sure. In fact, I think it's safe to say that it's nothing I had envisioned the last 38 years. Just the mere thought of this unnerves me and shatters my known reality.

Where is my home?

What is my home?

And, how can I not know these answers? They seem pretty basic to me. 

Who doesn't know where their home is? What kind of person doesn't know this answer?

Am I crazy? Depressed? Have I lost my mind? I can assure you none of things are true. I am quite content, but I want to find my special place, my true heaven-on-earth home. I have no idea where it is. But, I know whom it is with (husband, kid one day--please Lord, and critters). 

I have, and am in, a home crisis.

A home crisis?

What is a home crisis? Excuse me? The realization definitely captured my attention since I just wrote the previous sentence. I had not even realized this was the case. It does not make it any less true or powerful as it strikes me. I am in a home crisis; I cannot deny this fact. My home is no longer. But, I will get to that explanation later.

I am 38 and have a few homes, but they are not my one all-encompassing home. My all-encompassing, heaven-on-earth home was once known but isn't now. And the one place I wish it could be isn't possible (Or is it?). (I will also write more about this later.)

Yep. That sounds like a home crisis. It looks like one as well. Therefore, that is what it is. I ache for a home I do not know yet--and I long to call one place my all-encompassing heaven-on-earth home but cannot. So, yes. I am in a home crisis.

The truth of the matter is I have no idea what any of it means or how to find the answers. Therefore, I will do the only thing I know how. I will search for the answers. That is what the next 364 days are for and I will journal each of them. 

This is my story as I return to my ancestral home of Jamestown and rediscover the true definition of home. After all, home is one of the most important facets in our lives, apart from faith and family. Home is part of our daily lives and should fulfill us and should be a place that is safe and a refuge.

Would you care to join me on my journey—as we rediscover the true definition of home? I would venture to say it is much deeper than we realize and is something we need to focus on more in order to live the most content life possible. 

This book is a collection of stories and thoughts about home. It's about my journey home and my return to my ancestral home of Historic Jamestown, Virginia. It's also a story of our great nation, The United States of America.

Heaven is our true home. But, we cannot enter that home, or know it fully, until we die. However, we can have heaven on earth. That is what this Home Chronicles is about and I cannot wait to see what I/we find.

JOURNALING EXERCISE
~ Where, and with whom, is your all-encompassing, heaven-on-earth home? Describe it in detail. Use the 6 senses (taste, smell, sight, touch, hearing, and sensing/perceiving) and describe your home.
~ If you do not know where your heaven-on-earth home is, where would you like it to be? Describe it in detail. Use the 6 senses (taste, smell, sight, touch, hearing, and sensing/perceiving) and describe your home
~ Have you ever had a home crisis? What caused your home crisis? Did you ever escape from the home crisis? How?
~ What do you want to journal about after reading day 2? 
(Written 27 November 2012, Tuesday).

Stacy Duplease
Journalkeeper & Author
The Remembering Your Present Journal Keeping Series
dba Remembering Your Present, LLC & Storykeeper 2121

(Image Credit: Stacy Duplease. 2012.)

No comments:

Post a Comment