Wednesday, November 28, 2012

DAY 1: 365-DAYS AND THE HOME CHRONICLES



Welcome to a new blog post series and book. 

365-DAYS AND THE HOME CHRONICLES: MY RETURN TO JAMESTOWN

INTRODUCTION


DAY 1: INTRODUCTION TO THIS BLOG POST SERIES AND BOOK


Welcome to: 365-DAYS AND THE HOME CHRONICLES: MY RETURN TO JAMESTOWN.

This blog post series will eventually be turned into a book. (I will offer it for free in the interim in its unedited state at my store on Smashwords,com.) It's also a journaling book for you so you can write and discover your own home chronicles. 

THEME
It is my first memoir and is a series of my own personal journal entries focused on the theme of: Home. 

HOOK
I used to know what and where home was, but now am not so sure. In fact, I think it's safe to say that it's nothing I had envisioned the last 38 years.

SUMMARY OF MY STORY
My story is about my return to my ancestral home of Jamestown as illustrated by me, my immediate family, my ancestral family, Jamestown, and the USA.

OUTLINE
~ Introduction: The Beginning of the Story
Start with Today—looking back
~ Part 1: What is Home?
My Homes:
~ Part 2: Where I Came From
~ Part 3: Where I Am Now
~ Part 4: Jamestown Now
~ Part 5: Jamestown Then
~ Part 6: The United States Now
~ Part 7: The United States Then
~ Part 8: Whatever I Choose in the Future

GENRE
Memoir and Journaling.

WHY SHOULD YOU READ THIS BLOG POST SERIES AND BOOK?
It will help you to learn your own story and your definition of home, along with where you home is in your heart and mind. The Journaling Exercises in this book will help you to explore and discover your home.

It will also help you to broaden your definition of home to more than just a building. There is that. But, there is also a state of mind, a city, a state, and a nation in which your home resides. It's really about finding your heaven on earth, your home. In doing so, you will explore your story and will figure out where you are going in this journey of life--as you search for your heaven-on-earth home, the all-encompassing home of your life. You will also discover more about yourself and your life.

Through doing the journaling exercises of this book, you will write your own rough draft of a memoir (of journal entries) and will leave a wonderful legacy for your family and others, for the present and future generations--without even realizing that is what you are doing. 
(Written on 28 November 2012, Wednesday.) 

Stacy Duplease
Journalkeeper & Author
The Remembering Your Present Journal Keeping Series
dba Remembering Your Present, LLC & Storykeeper 2121

(Image Credit: Stacy Duplease. 2012.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment