Friday, December 16, 2011

The lifespan of a prayer


(Photo is from Microsoft Clipart)

Have you thought through the lifespan of a prayer?

Now, let me explain.

A prayer I pray right now might take forty years before it is answered in my life. 

Then, the prayer might be answered in one way at that time and in another way in 6 months and in another way in ten years. Then, it also might impact the lives of my children, their children, and the generation after them. 

Never mind how my one prayer impacts my life now. If I am praying something  constantly, I am drawing forever nearer to the Lord. I am getting a deeper realtionship with him. Who does this impact? Literally everyone I come in contact with--no matter how long I talk to them, see them, or how long it takes them to read a blog post. 

So, the lifespan of one of my prayers today is actually for eternity--even though I might see one answer today. 

Our prayers are concentric circles that impact eternity of the lives of everyone in which we come across, see, and know.

And, that is one prayer. 

Now, imagine if we pray without stopping, 24/7/365 for the USA to fulfill the Great Commission in the USA? And the world? How many lives would that impact now and after we are with our Maker?

What can several of us do--linked arms--and praying for USAGC 2026?

Do you want to join the prayer campaign? 

Stacy Duplease
Prayer Warrior and Faithful Writer
USAGC 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment