Thursday, December 22, 2011

Problem with Daily Bible Reading (Tell me I am not the only one!), But Reading Anyway





PROBLEM WITH DAILY BIBLE READING AND DAILY BIBLE STUDY
I have a major problem with Daily Bible Reading. I rarely can finish my daily reading so on day 7, I have to read ten chapters or so.

The problem I have is the same problem I have with personal Bible study. The reason is not what you might think. 

It's rather funny because both my Bible reading and my studying suffered yesterday, and today so far, for the same reason. It's because I get stuck. But, again, it's probably not why would might think. 

I get stuck because I get so blown away and awestruck by the verse that I have to stop and allow it to settle in my mind. It sweeps me away and I can ponder the verse, or a few words from the verse, for a week. So, if I want to do Daily Bible reading and finish reading the Bible in a year, it gets tricky. I need to be realistic here. I can be swept away by most of what I read in the Bible and can pray that Word, meditate, and ponder it for days, weeks, months, and in a few cases...years. 

CHECKLIST FAITH IS WRONG
Boy am I glad a checklist faith is actually wrong. It has the wrong motives at heart and actually turns faith into a requirement rather than into a relationship. 

HOW?
That being said... I really want to finish reading the Bible in less than a year for 2012. So... How do I go about doing it?

TIP
I make sure to read some Old Testament AND some New Testament readings each week. It's typically the New Testament I could ponder the longest. It's hard to ponder all the family lineages and numbers of tribes and thou shall not's of the Old Testament.

(Photo is Microsoft Clipart)

Stacy Duplease
Prayer Warrior and Faithful Writer
USAGC 2026

Email: usagc2026@gmail.com
Blog for USAGC 2026: http://usagc2026.blogspot.com
Find my books at/store: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/hisfiction 

No comments:

Post a Comment