Thursday, December 22, 2011

Presidential Elections Prayer



This is a touchy subject.... Politics and all... And what I am about to say could step on some toes. But, this is a wake-up call for all of us (me included).

What is it about the shower? I do not know about you, but that's when God seems to really speak to me. Today, he spoke to me quite sternly in an effort to get my attention and get me to think with my head and not with my heart. Once he caught my attention, he told me to share the message with you.

It does not matter who any of us likes or wants to be elected. Read that repeatedly until it sinks in. It does NOT matter. It does not MATTER.

So, what does matter? I am glad you asked, because I asked the Lord that same question.

What matters is who GOD wants to be the next President of the United States. 

We tend to elect people, and vote for people, because of all the WRONG reasons. ALL of the wrong reasons. 

Who we vote for does not matter.

It is WHAT we vote for that matters. We need to vote for who God wants and the individual who does NOT do anything in office for their own agenda--or anyone else's. So, we need to pray for a selfless person for the office. 

The individual MUST obey God and obey God's Word. Period. End of story. Again, re-read that repeatedly until it sinks in.

It does NOT matter if we like the person or not. What matters is that they are president--based on biblical principles alone. They are a servant of God then and that is who should, and must, be president. If we vote for anyone else, then WE ARE LIVING IN SIN. If we do not vote for a man or woman of God, who will live the Word regardless of what anyone (or any group) wants or prefers, then we are actively and intentionally disobeying the Lord and the Bible. Period.

If we do not vote, we are not right. We are in the wrong. We are to vote the person who will stand on biblical principles and not stand by as someone is elected who fails to do so. 

Forget the people who are campaigning. What they stand for is what matters. It does not matter how they look. It does not matter how they speak. It does not matter if we like them. It does not matter if they say catchy phrases. It does not matter. What matters is what they stand on. Do they stand on self and/or agendas? Or do they stand on the Word of God? 

Look at these elections in a way you NEVER have before. Look at them ONLY through the lens of the Bible. Forget everything else. Who stands the most with biblical principles? Who does God want? Nothing else matters.

This is the wake-up, foot to my pants insight I needed. How about you? 

I think it's critical we spend EXTENDED time in prayer as the primary season is starting--and until the elections. May this be our focal prayer of determination. Pray without ceasing. This is critical. There is too much at stake.

What is wrong with the USA? We are. We have forgotten it's not about us or what we would prefer. It's about God.

(Clipart is from Microsoft Clipart)

Stacy Duplease
Prayer Warrior and Faithful WriterUSAGC 2026

Email: usagc2026@gmail.com
Blog for USAGC 2026: http://usagc2026.blogspot.com
Find my books at/store: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/hisfiction 

No comments:

Post a Comment