Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Easy Way, Short-Cut and Prayer



Most of the time, the short-cuts and easy way are the worst ways to go. There is too much you miss if you go for the easy way or the short-cut.

I used to like to make sure that my prayers were measurable and could be answered by God. I helped him out that way. I wanted to make sure I wouldn't be disappointed. I was impatient and wanted answers now, thank you very much.

I now realize how shallow that is.

The USAGC 2026 prayer could be seen as a pipe or an impossible dream. The Bible mentions nothing about it, so obviously that will never come true... Right?

Wrong. 

The Bible doesn't mention the internet, satellites, tanks, cell phones, abortion, presidential elections, etc. Does that make them any less true or real? 

The USAGC 2026 prayer is very possible. It will take more prayer... more intentional prayer... than I can even begin to fathom. But, I am going after it. I am giving it my all. No short-cuts. No easy ways. Just dropping to my knees and getting to the down and dirty. I am praying to the point of callouses on my knees--and holes in my jeans where my knees are. I will pray like this every day for the next 25 years--and then beyond.  I am tried of little, short-term, easy, short-cut prayer. I want to the meat and potatoes of my faith--not just the milk. 

Again... Wanna join me? Let me know if you do. Send an email of attach a comment to a blog post, please.

(Photo is from Microsoft Clipart)

Blessings,

Stacy Duplease
Prayer Warrior and Faithful WriterUSAGC 2026

Email: usagc2026@gmail.com
Blog for USAGC 2026: http://usagc2026.blogspot.com
Find my books at/store: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/hisfiction 

No comments:

Post a Comment