Monday, December 19, 2011

Public Prayer



I discovered something very special over the weekend. I cannot wait to share it with you. I am still in the process of what it means to pray for the fulfilling of the Great Commission in the USA on or by 31 December 2026. After all, this is a whole new way of life for me... The praying of the Great Commission in the lives of the U.S. is something I started last week on the 14 of December. Hence, I am only 5 days into this. Consequently, what I am about to share is quite new and different for me.

So, how can we pray the great Commission to be fulfilled in the USA? Here is one way:

This weekend, I was at an airport, at two restaurants, at the gym, at Bass Pro Shop, at another airport, and drove quite a bit around town. Needless to say, I was in public more than usual and I was able to pray the Great Commission on each of those places, and during the driving in-between. Therefore, I learned quite a magnificent lesson.

Pray the Great Commission for each person you see and think of. Go to public places and pray for everyone you see there--and along the way to and from your home. Pray for each of the houses and cars you pass . Granted, sometimes there are so many you pass, it has to be a prayer to cover the multitude, but still pray over all of them. Now, if they already believe in Christ, pray that they are a conduit to help plant, fertilize, and/or grow the seed of faith in their lives. I pray simply, "Father, help them and all others in their life to believe in Jesus Christ and fulfill the Great Commission on or by 31 December 2026."

Do this everywhere you go, every time you go.

(Photo is from: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/images/)

Stacy Duplease
Prayer Warrior and Faithful Writer
USAGC 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment