Friday, November 16, 2012

Where to journal

THE COMFORTABLE PLACE
I have found that if I journal in the same spot every day, it's a good thing at times. When I am in that spot, I know that I am to journal, and it does not take much to put me in that frame of mind. It's comfortable. It is safe. 

I recommend this for your everyday journaling for the main sit-down portion of your day. 

I have two main spots: my desk and a certain spot to the right of my husband on the sofa. 

I suggest you find your journaling spot as well.

EVERYWHERE ELSE
However, I also cannot suggest enough, learning how to journal in EVERY spot--no matter how many (or few) people, and journal regardless of how loud or quiet the place might be. In other words, get to the point you can journal anywhere and everywhere, in any condition, with any atmosphere, with however much or little noise. 

Why should you do this?

~ Your journaling should depend on nothing and no one. Period.
~ It gives you the opportunity to sneak some journaling in throughout your day and evening. 
~ Trying to journal in different places at different times, in different environments, will change the way you journal and what you get out of it. 
~ Variety is the spice of life. This is also true with journaling. 

(Image Credit: Microsoft Images Online.)

Stacy Duplease
Journalkeeper Author & Sci-Fi Writer
The Story of John Arundell and Roanoke (A Sci-Fi Time Travel Novel)
& the Remembering Your Present Journal Keeping Series
Storykeeper 2121 Blog and Website: http://storykeeper2121.blogspot.com
dba Remembering Your Present, LLC & Storykeeper 2121

No comments:

Post a Comment