Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Getting side-tracked when journaling



What happens when you can't stay focused as you journal?
As you journal, if you find that your mind wanders and gets side-tracked, make sure to write down what you think--regardless of what it is. Then, ask yourself if you feel the stronger pull to journal about what you were writing originally--or what made you side-tracked. then, journal about that. Later, return to the other item, if you feel compelled. 

For some reason, whenever I get deep in my journaling, or just before I start, all the grocery items I ened to put on the list--or all of the things I need to do--come to mind. Once I write them down in my journal, so I have a record of them and can free my mind-space, I can then get back into my journaling and go deeper. That's why it's important to write the things down that side-track you--even if they seem pointless at the time. They can take on great meaning later. But, how would you know--unless you wrote them down?

But, sometimes  when I get side-tracked, it's the real thing I should actually be journaling about--not my original idea. 

Stay tuned. Ask yourself if this is what you are supposed to tackle in your journal right now or not. Then, do whatever you are led to do. 

~ Stacy Duplease

(Image Credit: Stacy Duplease. 2009.)

No comments:

Post a Comment