Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Month of Praying the Word, Day 1 Continued

WELCOME TO "A LOYAL FAITH BIBLE STUDY SERIES"
This is Volume 2 of this series. 

It is highly encouraged you read Volume 1, if you want to get the most out of this series and develop and live a more loyal faith in the Lord and in his Word. However, if this title has you too curious to do so, that's all right. I would still go back in time and do the first book, though. It's the introduction and will give you information you wouldn't get otherwise. 

A Loyal Faith is focused on living for the Lord and the Lord. This book is another way to advance that goal. 

WHO IS THE AUTHOR OF THIS BOOK?
I'm Stacy Duplease and am your tour guide for the journey of living a more loyal faith. 

I'm married to my best friend. We do not have the blessing of children yet, but have a beagle, an orange Maine Coon, and two turtles. I'm addicted to coffee, chai tea, and apple butter and enjoy reading. 

I have studied the Bible and have been a prayer warrior for 18+ years. 

My 6-word memoir is: "Living faithfully, in love, and writing." This describes my life in particular for the last 10 years and I hope will be what describe me for the rest of my life. 

I'm passionate about remembering the present. After all, if you don't live the best life today, you will miss out on opportunities and blessings. Thus, journaling is another one of my passions. In order to remember my journey with God, and get the most out of my faith, I find it essential to keep a record of what God says to me, what I say to him, what happens in my life, my prayers, what I learn from the bible, and how I apply the Word to my life. If I don't, I tend to forget it and that's where journaling comes to play. 

I'm a Colorado native, but also call Las Vegas and Virginia home. At the present, Virginia is home and is where we live. 

WHAT DO YOU NEED FOR THIS BOOK?
A BIBLE: You need a Bible. Find your favorite version or favorite versions. I have 7 I tend to use and they help broaden my understanding of every verse. However, I am an overachiever and write and do Bible studies for a living. So, you might not want to be as anal and as crazy as me. One will do. Anything more than that is just icing.
I recommend online Bibles since they are free. My favorite internet sites for Bibles are:
Those internet sites also have numerous other biblical resources (i.e. commentaries, dictionaries, concordances, and dictionaries). Love them! 

B JOURNAL: In an effort to save on bookshelf space, digital space, and money for you, I ask that you keep your own journal. What this means is you will create your own workbook for this Bible study and prayer book. In the first volume of this series, I referred to it as a journal workbook. I will simplify it in this volume and just call it your journal. 
It's up to you as to which type you want to use--paper or digital journal. Speaking as someone who has had movers lose 10 years of her journals, along with a hurricane within three weeks of one another, I cannot suggest the digital version enough. (NOTE: Take a look at this blog post for more information about this: http://aloyalfaith.blogspot.com/2011/11/format-of-your-journal-keep-it-digital.html ). I keep mine as a Google Doc. What that means is it's saved online and does not take up space on my computer. Also, I do not need my computer. Any internet equipped device means I have access to my journal. I journal with my PC, my cell phone, and my Amazon Kindle Fire on Google Docs. 
But, find what works best for you. These are just suggestions. 

C PLANNER: Make sure to have your planner on you.

D AN OPEN HEART AND MIND.

E TIME. 


HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF "A MONTH OF PRAYING THE WORD"
It's simple. Do everything this book says. Don't skip anything. Do all the suggestions and write as much as possible in your journal. 
Make sure to devote enough time to it as well. 
Half an hour is more than do-able for the journaling and Bible study portions. But, ideally, you will learn to Pray the Word 24/7/365. This book will help teach you to get to that point. 

~*~ = MAKE NOTE
Anytime you see the symbol ~*~ throughout this volume, this marks something to journal. 

GRAB YOUR JOURNAL
Grab your journal and let's start with the first set of questions:
~*~ Why did you start to read this book to begin with? Explain. 
~*~ What do you think of this book so far?
~*~ What do you know about Praying the Word?
~*~ What do you hope to gain from this book? What are your goals? 

Stacy Duplease
Bible Study Writer & Blogger
A Loyal Faith
Find my books at/store: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/hisfiction 

No comments:

Post a Comment