Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day 61 Morning: Hebrews 11 and 3 Bible versions

MORNING:

Good day. I hope you are rested and are ready for a rather intense day of looking at Hebrews 11 from three different versions of the Bible. The good news is that this will be the busiest day we have until Day 115. (Whew!) 

As usual, you might think about grabbing your Bibles and your journal notebook (or readying your computer or other electronic device) for what is to come. 

Let's start with Psalm 19:14 and take a moment to prepare your heart, mind, and pen for what is to come today. 

SIDE-NOTE: I add the "and pen" part so that my journal workbook will be as he desires and is not what I want or make it. It's all about him, after all.

HUMOR ME?
Will you please humor me for a moment? Will you act like you didn't look at Hebrews 11 yesterday (or earlier today, whatever the case may be)? Will you act like this is your first time reading the chapter? Then, look at the journal workbook questions and thoughts to ponder. 

Now, grab your first of the three new versions we are going to study today. 

375 What did you not understand or did you have questions about? Make sure to list all of them. (We will search for these answers over the next 54 days.) 

Let's face it. This chapter has people, events, and terms which might not be known or might be confusing to understand completely. That's why it's important to make note of answers you need. 

Even today, as I do the same, I realize how much I need to learn. There are components of every verse I think I understand, and recall, but I want to make sure my memory isn't faulty. I have learned in the past I might think I remember something... Then, I discover I remembered it wrongly. So, I know not to trust my memory (and that's why I write stuff down!). Memory is faulty--and I know it's not just me.

376 What jumped out at you and spoke to you the most? List as many as possible. Explain. 

377 Do you want to emulate any of the people mentioned in Hebrews 11? Who? Explain. 

378 What does commended mean? How would you define it? (Is this what the biblical Greek means?)

379 What does verse 39 mean to you?

380 What does verse 40 mean to you?

381 What did God say to you as you read this chapter in this translation of the Bible?

382 What did you say to God?

383 Do you have any new applications? If not, which ones have you already listed were cemented only more through this reading?

384 Write a summary of what you learned about faith through this reading and through your journal workbook. 

Stacy Duplease
Bible Study Writer & Blogger
A Loyal Faith
Find my books at/store: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/hisfiction 

No comments:

Post a Comment