Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Celebration of Editing All Four Books for CCWC:

I just finished editing the last of the four books I'm taking with me to the CCWC (Colorado Christian Writers Conference). The four are: Cammi's Story, Genesis' Lack of Patience, The Murder of Owen Knight, and Demarcations. Now, I need to write my summaries and then edit all of them again. The CCWC is in 15 days. That gives me three days a piece to read through them again. Wow. I'm going to be a busy lady for a bit.

I'm starting to get to the excited-panicked phase. Too much to do. Too little time. However, with my schedule of sixteen hour days, I can accomplish the feat. I have no doubt.

It's rather odd not having a full-time job in the workplace now. In many ways, I think I should go back because I worked a great deal less than I do now. (Sorry former employer, in case you read this.) I tend to push myself when writing. I want to make a living at it. Bless my husband for his support and belief in me.

I digressed. It's rather off not being in the workforce because I'm already losing track of time. I look at a calendar several times a day to keep track in my mind what the day and date are. Also, pinching the pennies to make them stretch as far as I am able is another task I now have. I probably should have focused more on that all along.

Well, let me turn to the summaries now. Today, I'm going to work on Genesis since that's the one I just finished editing and it's more fresh on my mind.

Here's my latest and shortened and latest version of my blog schedule:

Sunday: Dreaming and Writing Blog--(SBS)Monday: Zeagar???? (Title in progress. Sci-Fi. SLSBS)--Tuesday: Cammi's Story (SLSBS)Wednesday: Genesis' Lack of Patience (SBS) Thursday: The Murder of Owen Knight (SBS)Friday: January's Lasting Legacy (Still writing. Started over again on 4/27. Combining thoughts on being a mom-to-be with this blog. SBS)
Saturday: Demarcations (SBS) and Tanpres (SLSBS)
Key: SBS=Stories by Stacy BLog; SLSBS-Spec Lit stories by Stacy Blog

One-Sentence Summaries:
See Blog Vol. 3 SBS on 28 April 2009.

Paragraph Summaries: (Work in progress)

Zeagar
Five teens are asked by the U.S. government to explore other planets within the Zeagar Galaxy and to write up reports/blogs about their experiences.

Cammi's Story
Cammi and Ramey find themselves in a strange fantastical world called Lethana while they're asked to recover the Lost Volumes.

Genesis Lack of Patience
Aubrey writes a series about marriage and how to fight every day to keep and treasure your spouse even through the impossibly difficult life-circumstances thrown your way.

The Murder of Owen Knight
A writers group finds themselves in a situation where they're being hunted and one of them is murdered.

January's Lasting Legacy
A book about four moms and three dads planning for a baby.

Demarcations
Sara moves to live with her grandmother and start over in a small town and opens a cafe and bookstore where she meets several new friends.

One-Page Summaries: (Work in progress)

Zeagar--Work in progress.
Cammi's Story--Preparing for CCWC
Genesis Lack of Patience--You'll have later today.
The Murder of Owen Knight--Preparing for CCWC
January's Lasting Legacy--Work in progress
Demarcations--Preparing for CCWC

January's Lasting Legacy:
Four moms-to-be form a social group to support one another through pregnancy. It tells of their experiences, outlooks, and plans. The three men involved with the women will also form their own group. So, it's not just for women readers. It's for the whole family.

My Schedule for 2009:
See Blog Vol 3 SBS on 28 April 2009.

Blessings,

Stacy D.

*******

Please see my other speculative fiction blog at:
www.Speclitstoriesbystacy.blogspot.com/

You can also find me on twitter at: Storiesbystacy and email me at:
Storiesbystacy@gmail.com

While each blog will be a stand-alone, if you're new to this blog, you may want to go back and read the previous posts in order to get the most out of the blog.

Blog Vol. 5 SBS

No comments:

Post a Comment