Monday, April 27, 2009

Blog Schedule and My Books

Today is my first real day of writing full-time and for a living. Before now, I had a full-time job and wrote full-time. So far, I'm working for free, but plan to change this factor. After all, I'm going to the Colorado Christian Writer's Conference in Estes Park, from May 13th to 16th. (Check out WriteHisAnswer.com for further information.)

I have four books that I want to prepare and present to publishers at the conference:
1. Cammi's Story
2. Genesis' Lack of Patience
3. The Murder of Owen Knight
4. Demarcations

They are all the first books of four different series and each of them are drama with romance as part of their theme. I will devote a blog posting to each book, along with up and coming books I'm writing, each week and will sometimes do several blogs in a day.

Here's my tentative list of blog posts I'll do:

Sunday: Dreaming and Writing Blog

Monday: Thoughts on being a mom-to-be. (I'm still in the planning stage, but am actively trying to change my life to be the best it can be for carrying a baby of eating well, exercising, and of my interior life. I'll discuss how preparing for baby impacts every facet of my life, including my writing.)

Tuesday: Cammi's Story (It's a fantasy, by the way. Fully written. It's Book 1 of the Lethana Series.)

Wednesday: Genesis' Lack of Patience. (A definite drama about marriage, divorce, and depression/grief. It's fully written and is Book 1 of the Aubrey's Marriage Series.)

Thursday: The Murder of Owen Knight (A drama, thriller, and a murder mystery. It's fully written.)

Friday: January's Lasting Legacy (A drama about a mom-to-be and how she, along with her grandmother, wants to leave a lasting legacy for the baby she's carrying. I'm writing the book now. Just started.)

Saturday: Demarcations (Drama. Romance. It's about a town and the people of the town of Escape, Colorado. Each book will be about getting to know a different character. Book 1 is fully written.)

I'll send other blogs in there to tell you my personal story and journey interlaced between those at variable times. I'll also talk about life and share words of wisdom I've learned or heard. But above all else, I'll tell you wild beagle tales because my Mr. Zack is such a character I cannot help but want to share. I doubt that you'll get bored with my little human/cat/dog/old man. He's confused about his real identity.

Let me know what you think about my line-up. I'll try to keep the same thing on the same day so you can find it easier to keep track of which day you want to read most.

Also, for those of you who get turned off at the thought of reading Christian fiction, you need to know that I talk far more about faith and prayer (which you could say positive affirmations or meditations) than I do about Jesus Christ. I'll mention verses form the Bible, but only to make a point about a life lesson. I want everyone to feel free to read my writings and not be turned off by them. So, you could say I write Christian-light. If I ever write a blatant Christian blog, I'll make sure to put something in the title to let you know it's that way and you can ignore that blog, if you desire.

For now, I am going to start to try to write a synopsis of each and share that with you tomorrow. I'll start my schedule in the next few days. I'll also start to tell you about myself so I'm not a stranger to you.

Have a great day. Live a life of memories worth preserving and live intentionally to create a lasting legacy. How each of us decides to do this will be drastically different. How do you plan on doing this today? Write me and let me know.

For me for now, getting ready for my Writer's Conference in 16 days, preserving my thoughts on paper, and writing this blog is how I plan to leave my legacy.

Blessings to You,

Stacy D.


*******


You can also find me on twitter at: Storiesbystacy and email me at: Storiesbystacy@gmail.com

While each blog will be a stand-alone, if you're new to this blog, you may want to go back and read the previous posts in order to get the most out of the blog.

Blog Vol. 2

No comments:

Post a Comment