Tuesday, April 28, 2009

An Updated Schedule and Etc. Etc. Etc.

Happy Tuesday. I hope you're well.

Today, I seem to be scattered and realize I bit off more than I could chew when I promised a synopsis of each of my books for today. I will have that this week (I hope). I'm just not sure when. Also, I want to give several different types of a sentence, a paragraph, and one-page summaries. It will help you get acquainted with my novels, but will also allow me the opportunity to practice giving a pitch to a publisher for the CCWC (Colo. Christian Writers Conference in Estes Park).

I'm going to try to put this out every day in the morning or around noon at the latest. So, please bear with me while I try to get adjusted to my new schedule. I need to edit, read a novel, read some on how to write, write, exercise, do some housecleaning, pack a box or two, snuggle with my beagle, and have time with my husband every day so I'm trying to figure out how to make it work. I'm a morning person and get my best writing and editing done in the morning. Therefore, I promise the blog will be sent out by noon. I will try to send another in the afternoon as a bonus from time to time.

My schedule has already been modified because I'm currently kicking around two new novels in my head as I edit my book, Genesis' Lack of Patience. Also January's Lasting Legacy is about motherhood, so I'm going to combine my thoughts on planning to have a baby with that day's blog.

Here's my shortened and latest version of my blog schedule:

Sunday: Dreaming and Writing Blog Monday: Zeagar???? (Title in progress. Sci-Fi.)Tuesday: Cammi's Story Wednesday: Genesis' Lack of Patience. Thursday: The Murder of Owen KnightFriday: January's Lasting Legacy (Still writing. Started over again on 4/27. Combining thoughts on being a mom-to-be with this blog.)Saturday: Demarcations

*** I'll keep adding to the next three sections over the next couple of weeks:

One-Sentence Summaries:

Zeagar
Five teens are asked by the U.S. government to explore other planets within the Zeagar Galaxy and to write up reports/blogs about their experiences.

Cammi's Story
Cammi and Ramey find themselves in a strange fantastical world called Lethana while they're asked to recover the Lost Volumes.

Genesis Lack of Patience
Aubrey writes a series about marriage and how to fight every day to keep and treasure your spouse even through the impossibly difficult life-circumstances thrown your way.

The Murder of Owen Knight
A writers group finds themselves in a situation where they're being hunted and one of them is murdered.

January's Lasting Legacy
A book about four moms and three dads planning for a baby.

Demarcations
Sara moves to live with her grandmother and start over in a small town and opens a cafe and bookstore where she meets several new friends.


Paragraph Summaries:

Zeagar
Cammi's Story
Genesis Lack of Patience
The Murder of Owen Knight
January's Lasting Legacy
Demarcations

One-Page Summaries:

Zeagar
Cammi's Story
Genesis Lack of Patience
The Murder of Owen Knight
January's Lasting Legacy
Demarcations

January's Lasting Legacy:

I have a confession to make to you about my writing style. I have a bad habit of getting a quarter into the way of a book and starting over when I get stuck or when it doesn't come out the way I imagined. January's Lasting Legacy has had even more do-over's than normal for me. I'll let you know once I know more about it myself. I just started over again last night. I do know this about the plot, however: Four moms-to-be form a social group to support one another through pregnancy. It tells of their experiences, outlooks, and plans. The three men involved with the women will also form their own group. So, it's not just for women readers. It's for the whole family.

Etc. Etc. Etc.:

*** This section will be for the miscellaneous items where I don't want to devote a whole blog to, but still deem important. I realize the name is redundant, three times over, but there is a reason for it. Etc. Etc. Etc. was the one of the first books I ever wrote. It was when I was ten years old. My dad owned a print shop at the time and had an old Itek Typesetter, for those of you who know what that was. For those who don't, it was the precursor for print shops of the personal computer. It was a big clunky thing in which you actually had to program it for every page and give it commands of what you wanted to do. At any rate, that's what I used for this book. I still have it somewhere. In the process of moving, I'll try to find it and will share some of it with you.

*** Book I just finished reading last night:
Cold Ridge by Carla Neggers

*** Book I started reading last night:
Maximum Ride: Book 1: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson. It's a fantasy and written for children, but young adults and adults love it. I'll tell you more about it later.

*** Check out the Amazon Kindle 2, a computerized book and library. I'll write more on this later. I love it and never thought I could make the switch from paper books to computerized. Wouldn't have it any other way now. It saves on shelf space and I am a nut about collecting books.

My Schedule for 2009:

*** May 13th-16th, Colorado Christian Writer's Conference
*** On vacation May 17th-June 2nd
*** Packing to move from June 3rd to July 1st
*** Moving from Colorado to Nebraska the first week of July.

Blessings to You,


Stacy D.

*******
You can also find me on twitter at: Storiesbystacy and email me at: Storiesbystacy@gmail.com

While each blog will be a stand-alone, if you're new to this blog, you may want to go back and read the previous posts in order to get the most out of the blog.

Blog Vol. 3

No comments:

Post a Comment