Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Post #2 of My Storykeeper Odyssey in 2013: My Personal Journaling

Written: 28 December 2012, Friday, 1044 a.m.

WELCOME
Welcome to my journaling adventure as I explore all of my life stories and memories throughout 2013. It is my desire to leave my legacy and get all of my memories down on the page in 2013. 

DESCRIPTION
Welcome to the story of me journaling my story, through storykeeping, in 2013. Storykeeping is more than a memoir. It's a journaling memoir, with the recognition of how my life has been shaped not only by what I have experienced, but by other stories. People (and their stories), places, and things/objects also have shaped who I am, along with ancestry, history, and current events. This is storykeeping. Put it all together, and you get: MY STORYKEEPING ODYSSEY IN 2013.

I will also write the book as a Journaling Exercise or Prompt book for people to get their own stories on the page--and perhaps write their memoir as well--through storykeeping. 

Don't worry. My personal journaling will have all of my memories. I will share just a few in the blog post series--and in my memoir as a storykeeper. 

MY PERSONAL GOAL AND 5-STEP PROCESS
I will turn my personal journaling into blog posts, will then put the blog posts in book form, will edit these posts and add to them, and will publish the book. So, it will be a 5-step process:
1 Journal 1,000 words a day at least (Monday-Friday).
2 Turn certain journaling entries into blog posts.
3 Combine the blog posts into a Word document and write a little more.
4 Edit.
5 Publish. 

MY PROFESSIONAL GOAL
Another goal I have as far as MY STORYKEEPER ODYSSEY IN 2013 project is to help others to get their own memories and stories down on the page and at least do step #1 of my 5-step process. I will include journaling exercises or prompts at the end of each blog post to help with this endeavor. I will assume that the reader might want to do all 5-steps, however  and will assist with this accomplishment.

FRESH MATERIAL
While I have hundreds of journals, I plan on looking at none of them as I write all of my memories on the page in my personal journal. 

Yep. None.

Why on earth would I do this? You might want to know at this point.

Why? It's because I want to look at each memory through my nearing 40 eyes today. I do not want to be clouded by my past. It's who I am today that matters most--not my past. My past has shaped me, sure, but who I am today matters most of all. (I hope that makes sense.)

I want this perspective and see who I am today. Furthermore, I want to address these things as well: How I got here, what I've learned, what has shaped me and my life, who has shaped me and my life, what has influenced me, where I am today, where I am going, and why. 

That's the first pass through the material.

Then, after I do the blog posts, I will add the reviewing of my journals. This will be the additional writing that I do and then publish in book format later.

 That being said, I will look at all of my journaling from 18 December 2012 to 31 December 2013 as I write my original journaling. the earlier journals, however  will not be looked at from the beginning. 

WHO AM I?
I am Stacy Duplease. I am nearing 40 and am married to my best friend. (That isn't meant to be cute or make you say AHH!, by the way. It's the truth.) I am a journalkeeper, writer, and author. I enjoy coffee, walking or running, traveling, digital scrapbooking, taking photos, and reading. 

I've kept journals for about 30 years and journal daily. 

I am a stay-home, journalkeeping, blogging, Google+ community addict, wife who does all of that full-time. Hence, there are days I do not get out of my pajamas until 11:00 or so, but have been up for five hours or so.

I have Zack Beagle, Sinan Orange Maine Coon cat, and two Red-Eared Slider (RES) turtles--Shelly and Harry. 

I am a woman of faith and am quite patriotic. 

Virginia is where I presently live, but am a third generation Colorado native. Most of my family is in Colorado  However, when my husband retires, we hope to call Wyoming home. We live near Jamestown and Yorktown, two of our favorite historical spots. (Also, in the last four years or so, I have lived in Omaha, Nebraska and Las Vegas Nevada.)

I learned in June 2012 how I have family from this area. I did some digging around and unearthed how I had three family members come into Jamestown in 1607 and had over 35 living in or near Jamestown as of 1640. Additionally, I've had family members fight in every war that the United States of America has seen--including a father and his 12 sons in the American Revolutionary War (aka The War of Independence). 

My family tree also includes over 40 family members executed at the Tower of London (I actually think it's over 50, but we'll get into that later.) Which I guess I also should mention how I come from the Plantagenet and Tudor dynasties. Nero and Constantine are a couple of my ancestors, and I seem to have royalty in my family line from all over Europe. 

 I am an only child--and so is my husband. We hope to have a kiddo someday. 

And I am sure over the next year, you are going to get to know me far more than you ever imagined. For the record, I would love to get to know you as well.

CARE TO JOIN ME?
Do you want to join in your own Storykeeping Odyssey? I do not care when in 2013, or any time thereafter. It would be an honor to share in your journey. If you do, please let me know. Either:
1 Attach a comment at the end of any of my blog posts at: http://storykeeper2121.blogspot.com
2 Send an email to: storykeeper2121@gmail.com
3 Join my Google+ community at: 

MORE INFORMATION
If you want to join in your own storykeeper odyssey, look up on my blog all the blog posts that have the label of: MY STORYKEEPER ODYSSEY IN 2013. Read them. I will have a tab/page dedicated to that as well on my blog. There will also be additional information on the Google+ Journaling & Storykeeping community. And, request a newsletter.

I am doing a "2013 Storykeeper Odyssey: Writing Our Memories Class" in my Google+ community and will do blog posts for it on my blog. It's a class for 2013 for anyone who wants to write all of their memories. Feel free to join at any time. 

JOURNALING EXERCISE OR PROMPT
Do you want to write all of your memories and get them saved on the page?

~ Stacy Duplease
Journalkeeper

No comments:

Post a Comment