Friday, January 25, 2013

Answer: My Personal Journaling

25 January 2013, Friday, 904 a.m.

I barely got any sleep last night and am running on fumes this morning. The good company of a friend will do that, you know. I wouldn't trade it for the world, but I am not the young pup I was once was.

Do you hear me chuckling? Ever since I was a little girl, I have needed at the bare minimum seven hours of sleep and am in bed by 930ish. Last night, thanks to Beagle needed to go outside, I got three and a half hours sleep. Maybe. So, I am dragging.

I, however, woke up with a revelation. First came the words, STAY TRUE.

That resonated.

I heard:
Stay true to yourself.
Stay true to God.
Stay true to your calling.
Stay true to your journaling.
Stay true to your memoir.
Stay true to your priorities.
Stay true.

I knew then and there that fiction is not the way to go. That question
was answered.

'Kay.

Whew.

I felt the weight lift from my shoulders as that decision was made for
me. (The Lord guided me.)

I asked, then, "Now what?"

Memoir... It popped into my mind.

Alright. Which memoir? My writing memoir or my Jamestown memoir?

Silence. There was no response. Of course...

Now, what?

I am still waiting for that answer.

-- Stacy Duplease
Journalkeeper & Author

No comments:

Post a Comment