Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Writing books, education, and learning

As a writer, I know the necessity to learn more about writing and then to hone my skill of writing. Consequently, I study up on writing every day. I read books and blogs on how to write. Therefore, I will share them with you. It will be a regular feature on this blog. I will call it: "Always Learning: A Writing Class."

Why call it a class? I hope to get multiple degrees in writing, whether I ever step foot into a classroom. I can learn and have my own writing class here at my home. I just have to put in the time.

So, what are the texts/books on writing I am reading right now? I will share the tidbits I learn from them. They are:

~ "The Writing Group: Creating and Sustaining a Successful Writing Group" ed by Lisa Rosenthal

~ "The Complete Handbook of Novel Writing" by Writer's Digest

~ "The Productive Writer" by Sage Cohen

~ "The Breakout Novelist" by Donald Maass

If you want to read any of these with me, let me know. We can do the book club and writing thing over the internet and/or through email. 

If you don't have time to read these books, I hope my notes in this blog will help. 

--
~ Stacy Duplease
Author of Historical Fiction (of Virginia and the U.S.) & Journalkeeper


No comments:

Post a Comment