Sunday, January 26, 2014

Day 10 Psalm 1:2, Part 1



Day 10 Psalm 1:2, Part 1

1 FIRST READING  
Today marks the first part of working on, studying, reading, and praying to the Lord Psalm 1:2. I'm rather excited to see what new information we are going to glean from this study, I do not know about you.
So, let's read Psalm 1:1-1:2 (or Psalms 1:1-2) in our favorite version of the Bible at this point and see where God wants to lead us. Then, prayer journal your thoughts.
Afterward, prayer journal about whatever jumped out at you and why. Also, prayer journal what you learned, any questions you might have, anything God said to you, anything you said to God, and anything you want to apply to your life.
We are to ponder, contemplate, chew on, think about, meditate, and ruminate on the Bible 24/7/365. The Word of God is worthy of thinking of and centering our thoughts and lives on--more than anything or anyone else. 

Psalm 1:2 / Expanded Bible (EXB)
They ·love [delight in] the Lord’s ·teachings [laws; instructions],
and they ·think about [meditate on] those ·teachings [laws; instructions] day and night.  
-- EXB: Scripture taken from The Expanded Bible. Copyright © 2011 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved. 

Prayer journal any new information you learned through reading this translation of the Bible.
How can I fall in love with the Bible and find it my delight? That's what I want to know. I'm not talking lip-service, wishful hoping thinking type of love (just made up that phrase, but I hope you know what I mean). I'm talking the deep, intimate, delightful type of love of the Word of God. 
Question: I want to forge this type of love with Scripture. So, how do I do it? I seriously have no idea. 

Psalm 1:2 / The Message (MSG)
Instead you thrill to God’s Word,
    you chew on Scripture day and night.
--  MSG: Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. 

Prayer journal any new information you learned through reading this translation of the Bible.   
Answer: I left off, in the previous section, with the question of: How do I forge a deep, intimate, delightful, thrilling love with the Word of God? I don't know about you, but I think the answer is the second part of that verse. It's through thinking about, chewing on, and meditating on the Bible night and day. 
I hope to foster this type of relationship with the Scripture where I do meditate on it day and night for an entire day--and then a couple of days, and then a a week, then a month, then a quarter, then six months, then a year, then decades. I bet at some point, that's when the Bible will become my delight. 
So, what about you? What do you think? Prayer journal your answer to the question and then prayer journal any thoughts you have. 

Psalm 1:2 / GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
Rather, he delights in the teachings of the Lord
    and reflects on his teachings day and night. 
--   GW: Scripture is taken from GOD’S WORD®, © 1995 God’s Word to the Nations. Used by permission of Baker Publishing Group.
Prayer journal any new information you learned through reading this translation of the Bible.    

CONCLUSION: WRITE A SUMMARY
Prayer journal about what you prayer journaled about today, what you read, and Psalm 1:2 through answering these questions about all of it and make a summary in the process of Today's devotional Bible Study. What jumps out at you? Why does it jump out at you?
What questions do you have?
How does this inspire and motivate you?
What does this mean to you and your life?
How can you apply this to your life—starting today? Write out an action plan to apply this to your life.
Why is this important to me to remember?
What am I saying to God?
What is God saying to me?
Write a summary.
Write a prayer out to God.
Take your time and be thorough as you re-read and prayer journal and readings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment