Monday, January 13, 2014

AN INTRODUCTION: A FRESH AND VIBRANT FAITH



AN INTRODUCTION: A FRESH AND VIBRANT FAITH
I’m I am desperate for a fresh faith.
As a matter of fact, I need it desperately.
I feel like I keep spinning my wheels and like I'm stuck in the mud and muck and can't get out of the mess. I am content, sure. I am quite content actually. I can be no matter where I am, for the most part. But, I know I am missing something and Someone being stuck here where I am.
I know I am missing a vibrant faith.
I am well aware there is far more to the Christian faith than this. I am missing the mark.
How about you?
I am going through the motions, and am doing a great job thereof, but it isn’t enough. My prayer life and Bible reading and study is lackluster at best. I might be doing them, but am producing fruit? Some. Not as much as I could, I am sure. I know it’s God who grows the fruit and produces my fruit, but I also know I am to cooperate with Him in the process. Have I? I doubt it.
I doubt it because I keep jumping around all over the place with my writing. I need to commit to writing one way. Period. No other way. This ambivalence shows how I am missing the mark and do not have the fresh and vibrant faith I could.
Am I bringing God as much glory as I could or should? No. I know I am not.
I’m also not getting as much out of my prayer life as I could, nor my devotional Bible study… My faith isn’t fresh and it’s dull rather than vibrant.
So, what’s the answer?
I think I need to listen to God more and spend more intentional one-on-one time with Him where He has my UNDIVIDED attention. I think this is the answer. I need to practice the spiritual disciplines of solitude and silence.
Hence, I am writing this new blog post series and book.

PRAYER JOURNALING AND CONTEMPLATION QUESTIONS
What are your thoughts so far?

So, how about you? Have you ever been here in this place? 

No comments:

Post a Comment