Wednesday, January 15, 2014

It Just Isn't Working and I'm Missing Something



It Just Isn't Working and I'm Missing Something

What I'm doing isn't working regarding my spiritual life. I just feel like something is missing. that being said, I feel like I'm standing on the precipice of something big. Maybe it's a spiritual awakening in my life. I'm not sure. 

So, what isn't working?

I realize that no matter how much I try to deny it, I keep living a check-mark, checklist faith. Bible in a year. Check. Praying all day long. Check. Studying the Word. Check. Fellowship with believers. Check. Prayer journaling. Check. Helping others become and be disciples. Check. 
Blah, blah, blah. (Rolling eyes and shaking head.) How boring! No wonder why it isn't working. 
I know all of that is wrong, but I fell into it's trap and spell yet again. Ugh! I know better than this. I'm bored with myself, along with my faith. So, what am I missing? 

How am I missing the mark?  What am I not getting? Understanding? Grasping? I know I am not because I wouldn't feel this way and wouldn't be doing the things I do if I did.

What else do I do? I allow my mind to wander. I get side-tracked. I fall off the path. No. I don't fall. I jump off of it. I start to follow the pretty butterfly along the walk and forget where I am and where I am headed until it's too late. 

SPECIFIC PRAYER: Lord, how can I stop this? How can I find the path and stay on it? What am I missing? Please guide me and help me to hear You when You do. Also, help me to respond immediately when You do give me instruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment