Monday, November 4, 2013

5 Lessons Learned and Blessings Bring Blessing

I am rather blown away by the last chapter and the lessons I learned. It was a surprise to learn the importance of thanksgiving and how I am to give them as offerings or sacrifices. Therefore, it cannot be stressed enough how important it is to count my blessings and Thank God for them every day and throughout the day.

NUMEROUS BLESSINGS BRING ANOTHER BLESSING
I just figured out if I write a minimum of ten list entries each day of the blessings You, Lord, have bestowed upon me, I will have at least 250 of them on Thanksgiving. That would be something. I can share some of them, if not all, with Bob. What a neat tradition.
And, I just figured I could have a minimum of 380 by the end of the year.
And, 3650 in a year, 36,500 in ten years, and 146,000 in forty years--minimum. How incredible. What a blessing.
I just offered more thanks to You, Lord, and have 65 items so far. I praise You, Jesus. To You be the glory. I am humbled.
Lord, knowing I am to bring thanks to You as an offering, and am to do it all he time, at every opportunity, I cannot help but wonder if I could list even more. Twenty per day per year is 7,300. Ten years is 73,000. Forty is 292,000.
I am starting to see how each one I write one blessing is a blessing in and of itself.
I can also see how a gratitude list is truly a gratitude journal, for if you do it right, half your list is of blessings from today alone and the other half is of the past. It becomes a true journal of your life--offered to God because He showed you the blessing to begin with.
A counted blessing list is of God-sightings. I have we n God work in, through, and around my life between last night and now in sixty-five different ways. How remarkable. What a blessing.
What a resource I will have if someone ever says to me, "There is no God." Or when someone, myself included, ever thinks God is not present or is silent. I can turn to this list and prove otherwise.

What all this list can provide and answer, I see, is numerous. But, most importantly, it is an offering and sacrifice to You, Lord. I want to show You my reverence and worship You, as well as honor You. Through my thanks, I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment