Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Maybe because it's Tuesday



The pain from 9/11 is quite raw to me today.
 
I am weepy. It started last night.
 
Is it because it's another beautiful blue sky Tuesday?
 
I realize, if I am honest with myself, I do not intentionally think of 9/11 as much as I should. This reality hurts.
 
My life, however, cannot help but reflect it every day. I support the U.S. military every day. They are still fighting for our freedom today. Even when the wars are ended, they still fight every day as they pay attention to current events all across the globe.
 
The military is my absolute passion. They fight for me, and my freedom, so I do not have to. This is never taken lightly by me.
 
But, the feelings from 9/11 are still with me.
 
9/11 was a day that changed everything for the United States of America--and for the world. But, it also changed for me. And for all of us individually.
 
9/11 was another day of infamy.
 
9/11 was when terrorist struck CIVILIANS at home. At HOME.
 
No. May we never forget. May it always be raw with us. May we ensure no one then or since has died, been injured, or fought be in vain.
 
I press the keys on my keyboard a little harder, and with more passion, now.
 
Today is another beautiful blue sky Tuesday. And, it still hurts.
 
You are remembered.
 
God bless America!
(Image Credit: Microsoft Images Online.)


Stacy Duplease
Historical Fiction Writer of:
Inspirational American Historical Ancestry Romance Fiction
 



No comments:

Post a Comment