Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pumpkin Soup Recipe




Are you a pumpkin lover?

Have you ever tried pumpkin soup?

I must admit, when I first heard of it, I thought it sounded gross. But, oh no. That is not the case at all.

If you love pumpkin, give this a try.

This is one of those recipes you can cook as this recipe details--or you can adjust to your tastes and liking. It's so easy.

RECIPE:
* This makes enough for 4 smaller bowls or 3 bigger bowls (or you can be greedy like me and have it in 2 batches).
* 1 can of pumpkin. Add it to a small sauce pan.
* Add 3/4 of a can of chicken broth. Stir. Cook on medium to just a little lower as you add the spices--and make sure to stir from time to time:
* Some people add onion. I've added chopped onion (about 1/4 cup), I've also added 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder). It's up to you. Do you want it zangy and like soup or like pumpkin pie? I prefer the pumpkin pie taste, so I usually forego the onion of any kind.
* 1 t of cinnamon powder (or more)
* 1/2 t of allspice powder
* 1/2 t of ginger powder
* 1/4 t of nutmeg
* Sugar to taste, if you want. Or, I use sugar substitute (2-3 packets).
* Bring it to bubbling and stir.
* Add 1/2 a pumpkin can of milk or cream
* Bring it to bubbling and stir.
* Put a lid on it and turn it down to low once you see some bubbles again. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes (depends on how impatient you are)
* Serve.

That's it. Too easy and awfully quick.
Yum!
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment