Friday, November 22, 2013

Welcome




Welcome


This book is a book meant for devotions. It’s a book of my thoughts on thanksgiving and what the Bible has to say about thanksgiving. It’s also about the things I am thankful for and is my list of what I thank God for in my life. It’s my way to count my blessings and look all around for glory sightings.
I hope you read it as a devotion. Read a sentence or two, a page or two, or a chapter,—and think on it all day and night. Pray about what you read or what makes you think. Let it inspire you to offer God thanks for the things in your life.
Read this book slowly. Absorb it. Do not just read through it as fast as you can. Chew on each word. The words I sue are intentional and are meant to get us to think and inspire us to always give overflowing thanks.
There will be an accompanying Bible study and journal in time. However, if you look up each and every verse in your favorite Bible translation (version) and journal about them, then you will get a great deal out of it and it will be a wonderful Bible study. Do it all by yourself, with a friend, or with a group.
Set your own pace. Take a year to get all the way through it, as you look at it each and every day and allow it to bring you to the Lord and thank Him for everything in your life and all that is around you. Or, take a month. Just don’t rush through it and make sure to think deeply on these things (see Philippians 4:8 and Psalm 1:2).
Enjoy!

~ Stacy Duplease

No comments:

Post a Comment