Thursday, September 20, 2012

Paperless Writing


Well... I have done it. 

I have gone paperless with regards to my writing. 

I never thought I would. But, I have. 

Why have I gone paperless? 
Here is a hint: It is not to save trees. Trees are a renewable resource. I recycle all paper and paper products, sure. But, this is not why.
1 Because I can. I figured out how to do so.
2 I want to save and re-save everything over the internet so all of my writing is permanent and can never be lost, stolen, destroyed through acts of God (hurricanes, tornadoes, fires), lost by movers and never recovered, damaged by spilling of a drink, or anything else like that. 
3 It is cleaner and less cluttered.
4 I carry less with me now. It is easier on my back and body.
5 I am trying to downsize everything and get rid of stuff that takes up room. This is it.

I am still rather shocked by it, truth be known. 

So, this is all I ever need to write:


By the way, yes... When at home, I use two monitors. One has the internet and my Kindle on it (split-screened). The other monitor has my Kingsoft Writer document of my entire novel open on it. (Since I have stopped using Microsoft products.) Two monitors save me a great deal of time. That way, I am not clicking constantly between so many screens. Also, on the internet and Amazon Kindle monitor, I put pictures on it to inspire my writing. 

(Images Credit: Stacy Duplease 20 September 2012.)

Stacy Duplease
Historical Fiction Writer
The Family Treez of the USA Series
dba Remembering Your Present, LLC & Family Treez USA
Family Treez Blog and Website: http://familytreezusa.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment