Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My Journal



My Journal is my remembrance and my collection.
It is my closest confidant (apart from God and hubby/best friend).
My journal walks with me down paths no one else, but God, dare tread. 
It is my collection of everything life related--that I find important in the moment.
It is my memory.
It is how I process.
It is my writer's notebook.
It's where I do this thing called life.
It is where I keep record of each writing project, and bit of writing, I have ever done.
My journal is there when no one else is and can be trusted more than anyone else.
It is a daily partner.
It takes my yuck and does not hold it against me.
It allows me to be, well, me.
My journal is--me.
It is where I contemplate and ponder.
My journal is my conversation with the Lord.
It is my prayer journal.
It is my travel journal.
My journal is my reflections.
It is where I put my problems.
It is where I let things go.
My journal is where I transform pain and make it useful to me.
It is where I grow.
It is where I put my favorites. 
It is where I throw up on paper.
My journal has helped shape who I am.
It is my extension of my relationship with God. 

Where would I be without my journal? I shudder to think.

(Image Credit: Microsoft Images Online.)

Stacy Duplease
Historical Fiction Writer
The Family Treez of the USA Series
dba Remembering Your Present, LLC & Family Treez USA


No comments:

Post a Comment